Social Buttons

Thread: Comfortmaker furnace only starts half the time

Cool Comfortmaker furnace only starts half the time

Model Number: GUA100A016AIN
    Brand: other

This unit is a Comfortmaker
    model: GUA100A016AIN
    Manufactured by Snyder General. (I THINK)
    Mfg date: 11/89
    gas
    I've been living with this problem for a year and it's time to fix it!

The furnace will sometimes run normal cycles for a day or two.

The furnace runs through normal cycles on/off, on/off then just doesn't come back on.
    If I goto the thermostat and turn the fan switch to on and let it run for a min or two, then turn it back to auto it will start running normal again.

The problem is, it gets worse at night while we're sleeping. I have to get up to restart the damn thing.

Anyway...

I noticed if I cycle the power at furnace, there is a clicking noise. If I do this a couple of time, the blower starts and everything is fine..for a short while. I traced the clicking back to what I think is the blower relay located in the lower part of the furnace in a small metal box.

I taped the safety switch and the next time I had the problem took the cover off and tapped the box...one very light tap and the blower starts. So I'm thinking it's the relay, but wanted to get the experts opinion before spending the money on one.

Any thought...ideas....comments???

Thanks
    Thom

Quote Originally Posted by thom44070 View Post
    This unit is a Comfortmaker
    model: GUA100A016AIN
    Manufactured by Snyder General. (I THINK)
    Mfg date: 11/89
    gas
    I've been living with this problem for a year and it's time to fix it!

The furnace will sometimes run normal cycles for a day or two.

The furnace runs through normal cycles on/off, on/off then just doesn't come back on.
    If I goto the thermostat and turn the fan switch to on and let it run for a min or two, then turn it back to auto it will start running normal again.

The problem is, it gets worse at night while we're sleeping. I have to get up to restart the damn thing.

Anyway...

I noticed if I cycle the power at furnace, there is a clicking noise. If I do this a couple of time, the blower starts and everything is fine..for a short while. I traced the clicking back to what I think is the blower relay located in the lower part of the furnace in a small metal box.

I taped the safety switch and the next time I had the problem took the cover off and tapped the box...one very light tap and the blower starts. So I'm thinking it's the relay, but wanted to get the experts opinion before spending the money on one.

Any thought...ideas....comments???

Thanks
    Thom

Hi Thom,
    I've got the same exact furnace as you and having the same exact problem. It will run the first time then when it needs to turn on again it won't. I need to turn the power off and restart and then it will work fine for one more time. Have you received any help or have you figured it out?