Social Buttons

Thread: Dryer Not Heating Error Code 64

Default Dryer Not Heating Error Code 64

Model Number: EIED50LIW0
    Brand: Electrolux

After scrounging the web I found this site and feel some relief that I will now be able to get to the bottom of the issue with my dryer. It is a little over a year old and just went out of warranty about a month ago. So go figure it stopped drying just as one would expect. I must say up front that Electrolux has underperformed for my liking. We had a washer replaced by them after 5 service calls within the first year. Finger crossed and here to wishful thinking.

So my Electrolux drier has stopped heating and I followed all the advice I could find and performed the continuity tests, etc (tested good). I replaced the suggested parts (Thermostat 3204267 and Thermal Limiter 137032600) both from Repairclinic.com. Needless to say no heat. I located two additional parts that could be the culprits Thermal Limiter 134711400 and Thermistor 134711300 but have no idea how to test any of these parts to see if they actually work. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated and save my sanity.

Hi,

E64
    Heater Open Circuit.

Heating element or wiring defective.

Check the heating element now first.

You'd need to ohm test the heating element with your multimeter. Unplug the dryer if its not already still unplugged.

Here's the heating element for your model you can order here if needed:
    Heating Element Assembly 134792700 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Watch this video:

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thanks for the reply Jake.

I tested and retested the heating element and it appears to have the correct resistance across the coils. I can't remember for sure but I want to say around 25 ohms. I did this test first which is what led me to ordering the about mentioned parts. I installed them last night with no joy. Dryer runs but no heat. Continuity test is the same on the coil when the dryer is running or off. Do you think it is still the coil? also any ideas where I can get a repair manual. Thank you!

That's odd, then I really don't know why that error code is coming then.

No, sorry I don't have the repair manual for this model, there should be a tech. data sheet in the bottom of your dryer, did you find it?

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

I did find the manual but really have no idea what I should be looking for. I believe the user guide suggest looking at the "home fuses" I took this to mean the parts I replaced above. I ordered replacement parts and a new coil. I'll update after I get them put in and tested. Thanks!

The "home fuses" is your house fuse box or circuit breaker box. You know the box with all your fuses or breakers that control your whole home's electrical outlets?

Yes, I'm stumped myself then, this is a newer Frigidaire I haven't worked on as of yet.

I'm thinking its possibly the console control board: Frigidaire 134994730 Control Board - AppliancePartsPros.com

Did you check your breaker box? Your dryer is 240 volts, so I'd first check your breaker box you will see dual breakers(Usually the all the breakers are marked, Like one would say Range, one would say Water Heater, so one should be marked Dryer), one may be tripped and that will cause a no heat issue.

Now I did just locate another control board(That's another new one to me as well, never seen Frigidaire have a main control board there before) that's inside the dryer on the left side of your inner cabinet: Frigidaire 134706700 Control Board - AppliancePartsPros.com

That one's called the main control board, Whirlpool is common for having those there on their machines, and I do see a few of those fail on their machines and cause a no heat issue.

I'm really not up to speed on these newer models coming out, sorry about that.

The good thing is if you order parts from AppliancePartsPros or RepairClinic, you have 365 days to return the parts for a full refund, less shipping, for any reason period!

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thanks for the additional tips Jake!
    I will double check the breakers. I guess I over thought the term 'home breakers' and thought it was something in the actual dryer cabinet itself. I believe my breakers for the dryer are bonded together so if one trips they both trip to avoid this confusing issue. Seems to me all roads are pointing to the control board. More investigation this evening. Stayed tuned. Thanks.

Ok, yes, keep us posted.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

All the repair parts showed up. Did one more continuity test since I had good parts to verify against. Check the breaker per your suggestion but this time flipped it completely off and back on. Plugged in dryer and low and behold it worked. The dang breaker the entire time. It looked ok but I guess it wasn't. Not happy with my self or troubleshooting skills at the moment. At least its the end of the day and beer time. Thanks for the help Jake!

There you go.

Yes, I know what you mean by looking at the breaker, at times they don't look tripped, but its always best to reset it by turning it completely off then turning it back on.

Glad that was all it was.

You can return the parts for a full refund, less shipping, within 365 days.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts