Thread: fridgidaire timer switch

Default fridgidaire timer switch

Model Number: MRS26LGJB2
    Brand: Frigidaire

Hi, I have been having intermittent problems with this side by side. I have found turning the timer under the freezer's door will start it. And it may start and run one or several times. When it doesn't start I have no defrost or condenser fans? Does this make any sense? I would appreciate any help. Artie
    Last edited by Jake; July 20th, 2013 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Added complete model number

Hi,

MRS26LGJ
    10 models start with those digits...the rest are?
    Where is my Model Number? | Appliance Aid

I have found turning the timer under the freezer's door will start it.
    What is the issue that is making you turn the timer?

And it may start and run one or several times. When it doesn't start I have no defrost or condenser fans?
    The refrigerator doesn't always start when you turn the timer?
    The defrost and condensor fan motor shouldn't be on at the same time anyways.

Does this make any sense?
    Nope.

Not what you are doing or think is wrong....what is or is not happening would be a good place to start.

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid

Thanks, Jeff1, I had a hard time finding the rest of the numbers. MRS26LGJB2 serial # LA03617020
    I tried wiggling connectors, etc, and found this switch under the freezer door and did the what do I have to lose? I turned it, the compressor and the fan in the freezer and the cooling fan for the compressor all started, and cooled. What else can I check for you to help me? Thanks, Artie

I turned it, the compressor and the fan in the freezer and the cooling fan for the compressor all started, and cooled.
    Soooooo the original complaint was the refrigerator was sitting there dead with the lights on and making no sounds??

If yes, it is possible for the defrost timer to stick in a defrost mode....manually advancing the timer and the refrigerator jumps back to life......but it should be back to temp after approx 4-6 hours of running......is it?

If yes...

Name:  Defrost-Timer-215846602-01464278.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  2.6 KB Defrost timer assembly Manufacturer Number 215846602

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid

Thanks Jeff, When I was following the circuit for the compressor, is when the defrost switch went to defrost, removing power to the compressor. I have it running and the switch did what is intended.
    The issue started when all lights, fans, were on, and a no-start on the compressor. I could see a small drop in voltage, and the compressor would click, an overload was tripping. A soft tap from a deadblow hammer started it.
    We have been experiencing some power outages, and I would wonder what would happen if the compressor wanted to start under load? It has been 3 days that the unit sat, before I could get to trouble shooting it. Would the valves be that tight, not to allow the system to balance? I know some automotive AC.
    The fridge has been running in my garage for 2 days without any problems, including defrost.
    Would 2 days be enough time for a test run?
    Thanks for all your help, and sorry about some of the confusion, Artie

The issue started when all lights, fans, were on, and a no-start on the compressor
    A real observation/complaint

I could see a small drop in voltage, and the compressor would click, an overload was tripping.
    Another good observation.
    Compressor clicking on and off with everything else still running.
    Bad start relay/overload, bad compressor, low voltage ( extension cord, etc ), dirty condensor coils, condensor fan motor not running/not running properly are common trouble makers.

It has been 3 days that the unit sat, before I could get to trouble shooting it. Would the valves be that tight, not to allow the system to balance?
    When the power goes off and comes right back on is when that is an issue....still can equalize through the cappillary tube.

Would 2 days be enough time for a test run?
    Should be.

Compressor clicking helps..
    Refrigerator Repair Help | Appliance Aid

Name:  Start-Device-218721110-00748882.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  2.9 KB Starter PTC Manufacturer Number 218721110

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid