Social Buttons

Thread: LG LFX31925ST Giving error code ER RF

Default LG LFX31925ST Giving error code ER RF

Model Number: LFX31925ST
    Brand: LG

I am having an issue with the prior error message. The tech support stated its a Fan Motor Abnormality, I need to know how to fix this by not having someone come out. If I could get some help that would be great. If anyone has any ideas about taking the back panel off or how to do this PLEASE let me know.

Thanks

Brett

Hi Brett,

Just so you know, I haven't worked on this LG model before, but I'm going to give you some information I have on this from the service manual I located for your model, which I'm attaching below.

Refrigerator Fan Error (Er rF) on page 31 it explains what to check and test for that error code.

Here's the refrigerator fan motor for your model you can order if needed: Motor,dc EAU36179301 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Here's the PCB(Control Board) for your model you can order if needed, its located in the back of your refrigerator, that's where you will check the Fan motor voltage on CONNECTOR 6 PINS 3 2 1 from step 4 on page 31.

Control Board EBR75234703 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Jake, our refrigerator LG LFX 31925ST was making some louder noise last PM and this morning fridge was not cold and there was some condensation on things. The errors were ER and rF. I read the above post and followed the instruction in the manual from the link you provided. It tell you to press the activator once and then test voltage and the air flow. Well, nothing happened when I pressed button once. Nothing happened when I pressed it twice or three times either. The display screen still showed the glass with ice cubes. Testing between 1~3 was 5V but there was nothing between 1~2. Because I did not know how to interpret those in view that the display in Mode 1 did not show up on the screen. Otherwise I would have to change the fan and change the Board. there doesn't seem to be any air flow in the fresh produce section. Any ideas?

Jake, a follow up on above. This morning, after overnight being unplugged, i attempted to re test fridge. The reset button did switch to the Mode 1 display and everything was going. Voltages 1~2 was 12.89V (good for the Board), and 1~3 was 2.46V (good for motor). Fridge fans work. Once the fridge goes out of that Mode, fan stops. Any ideas?

Hi Amos,

So when its in the normal cooling cycle the refrigerator side fan isn't running or its running and noisy?

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Actually when we were able to get to Mode 1, the fridge fan ran fine and it, so far, it still is running well. It seemed that it took 10-15 min to start going. Don't know what happened. Hope we will not have to deal with this again. Thank you for you expertise. Amos

Ok Amos, yes hopefully it was just a 1 time thing, let us know if it happens again.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts