Social Buttons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fried Control Board

Default Fried Control Board

Model Number: KUDP01FL
    Brand: KitchenAid

Hey Everyone,

My sister's dishwasher has bit the dust. It all started last year when I fixed the door to the dishwasher, the door would fall to the ground. I repaired the rope and everything worked great for a couple loads and then the dishwasher wouldn't turn on anymore. I took the dishwasher apart and found that the control board had fried and looked like this: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130302_105521.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	12375

My question is, why the heck did it fry after I repaired the door? I didn't have to mess with anything electrical to repair the door.

We ordered a new control board(Manufacturer Number 8564543), installed it and the dishwasher worked! For 1 load... I tested the fuse and found out it had blown. So knowing that something still isn't right, what is my next step? I traced the wire from the burnt terminal and it goes the the door latch. I want to find the cause of the short and I don't want to just blindly throw parts at it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jon

Hi Jon,

I really don't know the cause of the control board getting that burnt terminal after you fixed the door balance issue.

But I have seen the thermal fuse go bad on some right after the control board is replaced.

You will need a new thermal fuse kit.

Here's the thermal fuse kit for your model you can order here:
    Thermal Fuse 8193762 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Watch this video to replace it:

You must use the wiring that comes with it, or it will keep going out!

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

I just replaced my control board and thermal fuse but noticed I don't have the connector with the 2 small blue wires just above the other bundled wires in this picture. What does that connection control? Dishwasher runs without it but dishes aren't as clean as before I started having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jamabu View Post
    I just replaced my control board and thermal fuse but noticed I don't have the connector with the 2 small blue wires just above the other bundled wires in this picture. What does that connection control? Dishwasher runs without it but dishes aren't as clean as before I started having problems.
    Whats the model number of your dishwasher?

Click here: Appliance Parts at RepairClinic. 125 Brands. 365 Day Returns.

Then you will see a link that says: Help me find my model number.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

KUDI01ILB...and thanks!

Thanks,

Ok, P11-1 and 3 are your triac connections for the fill valve and float. The new control board will not come with that connection anymore. That shouldn't effect the cleaning.

Here's the control board for your model:
    Main Control Board 8564543 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

For the cleaning issue check your sump basin.

Watch this video first:

Here's the chopper screen for your model:
    Food Chopper Assembly 8268383 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Here's the video to check/change it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thanks....with your picture of control board, I can see that it is the P12 connection that I am missing. Also, I've been reading this control board has caught fire. If I have replaced the thermal fuse and cables, am I still at risk of fire?

P12 Pins 1 and 3 says SPARE. Not used at this time. P12 Pins 4 and 6 says Turbo/Pro Scrub (Wax Motor) Used only on some models, otherwise Open.

Did you have a connection on your original control board for that connection? And now on this control board you don't?

Are you absolutely sure you have a NEW OEM control board? with the exact part number I posted the link to above?

Lots of folks see deep discount prices on ebay or amazon but they are not OEM parts, they are substitutes that will not work properly with your model.

Also, I've been reading this control board has caught fire. If I have replaced the thermal fuse and cables, am I still at risk of fire?
    No, you are not, as long as you purchased the exact replacement OEM control board for your model.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

My dw does not have the features that connection controls. I could not recall if I had that connection when I removed my old board but the cables were nowhere to be found so I'm sure I did not.

I am not absolutely sure I have a new OEM board....this is what I purchased on Amazon..."Ap3775506 Kenmore Kitchenaid Dishwasher Control Board Ap3775506 185645439." What would not work properly with this control board?

Thanks for your help Jake

I'm not saying your control board isn't working, I'm just saying that whenever I work on appliances and need a new part I go directly to an authorized appliance parts dealer.

When order parts from AppliancePartsPros or RepairClinic, you have 365 days to return the part/parts for a full refund, less shipping, for any reason, even if you install the part/parts and it doesn't fix the problem.

My dw does not have the features that connection controls. I could not recall if I had that connection when I removed my old board but the cables were nowhere to be found so I'm sure I did not.
    If the connection cables are no where to be found, then you don't have that feature on your model.

So getting back to your main question:
    What does that connection control? Dishwasher runs without it but dishes aren't as clean as before I started having problems.
    I answered it for you and if your dishes are not getting as clean as before and you checked your chopper screen sump area and everything was fine there, then I say something is wrong with that control board you purchased through Amazon, Either its not the correct OEM part for your model, or its software is outdated, that's why its much cheaper than your original OEM control board.

Read my 2nd post here: Don't Buy Anything From thekitchensource on EBAY!!!!!!

Manufacturers do update the software on control boards when ever they get multiple performance complaints.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast