Thread: Maytag Bravos Washer MVWX700XW1 won't spin Lid lock light flashing.

Default Maytag Bravos Washer MVWX700XW1 won't spin Lid lock light flashing.

Model Number: MVWX700XW1
    Brand: Maytag

I have a 2yr old Maytag Bravos washer which has stopped spinning properly. The first couple of times, I just found soggy towels on the bulky cycle. Now, it won't spin at all. From what I have read, it seems it could be the lid lock assembly. The lid initially locks while sensing, then unlocks, then flashes. Sometimes it is locked while flashing, sometimes it is not. However, when I try to start a cycle, the drum used to move a little when the 'sensing' light was on. Now it acts like it can't move. Not sure if this is typical with the lid lock issue. I have tried both methods to get into diagnostic mode but I can't get it to work. Any suggestions on what I should check next?

Update: I tested the lid lock and it showed 91 OHM. I guess that is not the problem. I was also able to run a cleaning cycle. I tried that to see if it would function with nothing in the drum. When I manually move the drum, it sounds like there is water but not enough for me to see.

I know it's the holidays and it might be a few days before I get a reply, but does anyone have the service manual to post for my machine? After reading some other posts I think there may be a sock or something preventing the drum from turning. The last normally functioning load I washer was larger than it should have been so I wonder if something went where it shouldn't have. As I cannot freely move the drum by hand I think that is the next thing I should check but don't know how to do it.

Thanks for your help in advance !

Sorry for the delay, had to move from Oregon to Arizona.

That issue sounds like possibly your shift actuator may be the culprit. But lets verify that first.

There has been a few service bulletins posted for this model washer you have, This model is a Maytag made by Whirlpool - Vertical Modular Washer. I'm going to post what SENSING does first, then you will need to locate your tech. data sheet and check for error codes and post what the error codes say.

SENSING
    When the START button is pressed, the washer will first perform a self-test on the lid lock mechanism. You will hear a click, the basket will make a slight turn, and the lid will unlock briefly before locking again. Once the lid has locked the second time, the washer
    will slowly spin the dry load to estimate the load size, and begin adding water. The washer will then move the load briefly, pause to allow water to soak in to the load, and resume adding water. This process may repeat until the correct amount of water has been
    added for the load. You may also hear water flowing through the dispenser, adding detergent to the load.

NOTE: The sensing light may also come on during the Soak and Wash portions of the cycle. This is normal.

Now I'm posting your Lid Lock Switch and the video of how to access and replace it, but I don't want you to replace the lid switch again unless you get an error code saying to replace it. The main reason I'm posting your lid lock switch and video is just to show you how to access your tech. data sheet.

Here's the lid lock switch for your model:
    Door Hook W10404050 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Watch this video below, Once you have the top up, there should be a tech. data sheet inside the front panel.

Go into diagnostics and retrieve the codes, and clear them. This is very important since most complaints start with the lid lock on and blinking, or the unit will not start and spin.

If, when in diagnostics the codes are F7E1, F7E5, or motor speed codes, then chances are it is a motor, capacitor, or shifter related issue. Once the codes are cleared, put the washer into a manual diagnostic test and run the HEAVY AGITATION; if
    after 15‐20 Seconds the motor runs then you can rule out the motor, capacitor, control, and most likely the wiring harness connections (although still check the BK wire from the shifter to the control). Remember, the timing wheel only turns in the
    transmission during the spin cycle.

Next, while in Manual diagnostics, try to get the unit to spin; if the motor hums for a split second and then shuts down with the lid lock blinking; go back into diagnostic codes and look for shifter or speed sensor errors.

This is proof that the shifter/sensor assembly is the issue because the optical sensor is not reading the motor speed.

Here's the shift actuator for your model you can order here:
    Shift Actuator W10006355 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Watch this video:

Let us know what you find.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts