Social Buttons
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whirlpool Duet Washer F02 Problems HELP!!!

Default Whirlpool Duet Washer F02 Problems HELP!!!

Model Number: Duet
    Brand: Whirlpool

I have a Duet washer that is a little over three years old. I have never had any problems other than having to get the rubber seal around the tub replaced due to washing too many pencils. One punctured it, causing a leak.
    But right now I am having major issues, I can wash a load of clothes and it gets down to the last few minutes (ranging from 11 to 3 minutes) and it goes to the F02 error or SUD. I can let the washer sit for a few hours and then run it on the rinse/spin or drain/spin cylce and it will finish.

We have taken out the filter and found tons of things (pencils, clothes pins, etc.), we have checked the wiring connections and everything looks good. I am at a stand still. Can anyone help me troubleshoot these problems.

Hi,

Sounds like its possible with all the items thats been found in the water pump filter, it could have damaged the pump impeller.

A new water pump may fix it up for you now.
    Drain Pump 280187 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Watch this video:

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default Thanks

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the advice I ordered part and it came in today. I am going to try that part out tonight and will let you know.

Thanks,

Carron

Ok, Sounds good Carron.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default Thank You So Much

The part worked great....washer is back like new. Thank you so much for your help. This is a wonderful site... The part was so easy to put on, I was able to do it all by myself.

Good job Carron! Glad you got it fixed. Yes, there are pretty easy to install.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Question 02 Drain Problems

I have had my 02 flashing too, I pulled the washer out and the drain hose had nasty pinky-gray stuff in it, I pulled all out I could reach in the hose and the drain from the washer but am totally chicken to take anything apart without knowing I won't be breaking it. You mentioned cleaning out the filter, I assume this is INSIDE the washer, I don't have any idea where it is. Can you tell me? With 4 kids I would be surprised if there wasn't something "foreign" stuck in it. (I clean out the filter in the dryer with every load and was wondering why there wasn't one on the washer, then I read this blog and discover there is... just don't know Where!!) Also can you clean out the pump without disassembling the washer? It's probably got more of that artery-clogging lint stuff in there, but I would like to clean it before I replace it. Other than the draining my only problem is gray whites, which I understand is probably the same problem. Thanks so much for any help!!

Jacksonville, FL / Groton, CT / San Antonio, TX / San diego, CA / Oceanside, CA / Millington, TN

We'll need your model#, but try this link to see if it can provide you with the info you need. I usually use a digital camera to snap a reference picture before I replace a part if I haven't done it before. Gotta love those digital cameras.

http://www.applianceaid.com/duet_washer.html

Good luck,
    Phil

Default 02 Problems

The filter is under the washer door. You take off the bottom panel under the door and you will see this white knob that screws off. Just make sure the washer has drained if not you will have a flood.

Thumbs up WOWIE they should TELL you these things!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!! I got my son to help, husband offshore... unscrewed the three screws in the bottom and then thought we'd have to unscrew the door to get the bottom panel off but then the site said just pull so we pulled, off it came and the filter was FULL of hair, pencils, bits of wood...all cemented together with lint... WOW! I will check on that monthly from now on. I can't believe they don't have that in the manual. In the next model they should make it so you can get to the filter without screws, so us housewives can clean them often, like the refrigerator filters now... I could NEVER have done it without your help, you are AWESOME! Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge with me!!You're cool!!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast