Social Buttons

Thread: Maytag Neptune 9700

Thumbs down Maytag Neptune 9700

The way that they built this machine is really stupid. Apparently anything that gets accidentally left in a pocket like a coin or if a button falls off of clothes, they get into the secondary tub, and then shoot into the pump. I bought the washer and dryer and the pedestals, spent a lot of money. In three months, I had to have a technician come out 3 times! Same problem. Maytag does not stand behind their machines. I was told that they will charge me each time that they come out for the same problem. They claim that they don't have a defective machine. If that is true then it is just my machine that is defective.

They have absolutely no customer service at all at Maytag. I have owned washing machines for 37 years and I have always checked pockets of clothes but every now and then a coin will get left in the clothes or a button will fall off inside the washer. In 37 years I have never had anything get into the working parts of the machine.

The technician that came out said that 90% of his calls are for taking coins out of the pump or having to replace the pump because of coins.

They will not admit that they have a problem with the design of this machine. They will not exchange the machine for me. They will not fix the machine so that it does not do that. They will not do anything according to everybody that I talked to at Maytag.

I have spent a lot of money on a product that I thought would be reliable. The soonest appointment that I could get for them to come out this time was 3 weeks later! They said because their technicians are swamped. Now we know why!

Anybody have any ideas of what I can do.

jean

Your washer is 3 months old?

If so, you could talk to the store manager where you purchased it at, and see if they will work with you to get a different brand.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

I have also contacted Western Appliance, that is where I purchased the washer at. They said that they sent copies of my letters to their head person, so we'll see. They also said that they don't know what they can do, if anything.

thanks

jean

A complaint to the BBB would be a good start, from there a small claims law suit will make them jump, then they will ask you how high. They will usually settle before the court date to avoid a Public Relations nightmare for them.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts