Social Buttons

Thread: admiral dryer no power

Post imported post

My dryer was drying clothes and all of a sudden it just stopped. We checked the power going to the dryer and there is power from the wall outlet to where the dryer plug runs into the dryer. Beyond that there is not any power. The light doesn't even come on. What can be the probelm. Someone said that it might be the limit switch. If so where is this located on the dryer?
    Thanks for your help,
    Dena

Post imported post

admiral dryer
    Numerous different models of Admiral dryers have been produced over the years, each utilizing different parts. If you can post the exact model number off it, it will at least allow us to find out which design you have so we can find out what parts it uses which might be responsible for problems.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my web site linked below.

dryer was drying clothes and all of a sudden it just stopped... Someone said that it might be the limit switch. If so where is this located on the dryer?
    Is this a gas or electric dryer???

Some older models may have a high limit thermostat which if open could stop total operation of the dryer. Such a thermostat would usually be mounted on the heater housing. A newer model might have some kind of thermal fuse or thermal cutout which might stop total operation. Those too could be located on the heater housing or possibly on internal ductwork or the blower fan housing.

What can be the problem.
    Other than those, a problem in the door switch, its actuator (if used), a timer, the motor or a burned wire might all cause that symptom depending on the exact design of dryer you have.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Default The same thing happened to my dryer...

Admiral model # LNC7764A71

I bypassed the thermal fuse and it works, so it needs to be replaced. I found this troubleshooting tip here: http://www.applianceaid.com/test_with_ohmmeter.html

This was also very helpful: http://www.applianceaid.com/la-1053.html

I hope this helps!

Luana