Social Buttons
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clean light flashes 7 times.

Post Clean light flashes 7 times.

Model Number: KUDP
    Brand: KitchenAid

Our KitchenAid KUDP series dishwasher went into a mode where it would not start and would only respond to the cancel/drain button. The clean light would flash 7 times in a row, stop, and then repeat. I read that the 7 flashes indicates an error code and that the dishwasher has detected a problem in the heater element circuit. I tried to reset the error mode by turning off power for 15 minutes, however, that did not work.
    We called for a repair. The service person found that the dishwasher was completely fine except that it had gone into an error mode. The technician reset the error mode and charge us $115.00.

The reset sequence used was reported to be the following:
    1) Crack the door open.
    2) Within 3 seconds press the following sequence - Hi Temp Scrub, Energy Saver Dry, Hi Temp Scrub, Energy Saver Dry
    3) Close and latch the door
    4) Press the cancel button (the circle with the triangle in it)

We were told the dishwasher expects to see the dish water temperature rise in a certain way. If the water does not heat in this way, the dishwasher becomes confused and thinks the heater element has failed. In deed, this happened just following and extended power failure and our hot water tank was cool. I am curious if this code will work for anybody else with the same problem and save a service call and 115 bucks. Overall, this seems to be a serious logic flaw in the design.

Default Thank you !

I just did this after numerous "service" calls and it is working again!!! Thank Goodness, T-day is this week and that's a lot of dishes to have to wash.

This has been happening for 2 yrs. Is it a faulty heating element or what? I run the hot water like they say.

Default Should I have the heating element replaced?

Is it faulty? Punching in the codes works, but it "breaks" every two months. I have a service contract, should I have them replace that and the control board as well. Will this correct the problem? Or will I get the same error with new parts.

This dishwasher has given me gray hair.

Ok, I'm attaching the service flash for this issue below.

Jake
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Cool KUDP02FR Dishwasher

I experienced the same problem with my KUDP series dishwasher. My model (KUDP02FR) doesn't have the Energy Saver Dry option mentioned in the preceding post that describes the reset code sequence, so I tried the following:

Crack open door
    Within 3 seconds push Hi-Temp Scrub, Heat Dry, Hi-Temp Scrub, Heat Dry
    Close and latch door
    Press Cancel

And, lo and behold, it worked! Here's hoping this is not a recurring problem...

Smile blinking clean light

I have been out on several service calls on this type of problem. The blinking light does mean that there is an error but, the original cause of the problem has to be found so the error code won't occur. Since the neutral side of the heater goes thru a seperate switch all to itself, I have found that an improper installation can cause the tub of the dishwasher to be twisted or bound in such has caused the switch not to operate thus the water won't be heated. I just made sure that the tub was not in a bind, level, and plumb. I've had no problems since.

Hope this helps someone

Default Follow up question

1 manoperation97,

What would a 'tub in a bind' look like? I understand level and plumb, but I don't know anything about 'bound tubs'.

My blinking light problem seems to recur quite frequently (at least every few washes), so something must be up...

Marcus.

Default reply to tub in a "bind"

By in a bind I mean that since the frame and structures of the new dishwashers aren't quite as rigid as they used to be years ago, the 2 brackets that secure it to the countertop can cause the tub to be in a slight twist. Since the door switches are mounted in a plastic latch assembly, any slight twist can cause this to happen.
    This obviously this isn't the only cause for this problem, but it's the one I have found most common.

Thanks, James

Default KUDS01DJSS1 Dishwasher

I hope Im posting this in the right spot. My light is also blinking 7 times but my panel doesnt read the same as mentioned above heatdry normal etc. I replaced the control board and the washer was working fine and then this happened. Is there a way I can reset? Thank you.

Your clean light is blinking 7 times? If so then replacing that control board won't fix it, the most common fix for this is replacing your heating element.
    Here is the parts diagram for your model: KUDS01DJSS1 Diagram#5 part location#1 is your element.

You can try to reset your keypad by reading here what buttons to push on your model, but if it keeps happening that heater element will need to be repalced if your clean is blinking 7 times, Read where is says:
    DIAGNOSTICS CYCLES AND RAPID ADVANCE SERVICE FEATURE

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast