Social Buttons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [FIXED] KitchenAid Ensemble washer F errors! Help!

Default [FIXED] KitchenAid Ensemble washer F errors! Help!

Hi!
    I have an approximately 2 year old KitchenAid Ensemble Superba Fabric Care washer.
    Model:KHWS01PMT1, Type:199, 121 Amps, 120 volts, 60 Hz

I first had an F SUD error, ok, I know that is for SUDs. But then, it changed to a F DL error briefly. Then to an F 02. I looked around on the internet and figured that this was the door latch. So, hubby tightened up the latch and it went fine one load. Then I had an F 12. Now it is flashing F 15. I was thinking that it was just F with minutes left, but now I guess not.

Symptoms: will not go through drain cycle, beeps a lot, won't latch and unlatch door properly. Will not spin, keeps running when turned off, motor is running like grinding often, now motor stopped but it is just flashing F and 15 alternating and won't shut off.
    I have unloaded it completely and made sure there was nothing in it that I could see. Then I put back in a partial load. It finished it off on the drain/spin cycle. But now it is not wanting to do anything.
    I have unplugged it also. Did not help. I can't find anything specific for this model, so I did not want to do much yet.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
    6 people and no washer= Mt. Laundrymore! :-P

Hellann

Hi,

This is very odd, its throwing all these errors at you. Seems you have a more technical issue, I would contact KitchenAid to have a tech. come out and look at it.

Maybe another tech. or member that has seen this happen before can post the fix here.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thank you for the reply! I will look into contacting KitchenAid, too.

Is there a list of error codes for the Ensemble online anywhere?
    I noticed that we don't get the F 02 anymore, once we fixed the door latch, so I am thinking that maybe we just need to deal with each error code individually. I don't seem to be able to find any repair or error info for this model online.

Thanks so much!

I have some good news, I found the online repair manual for your model, but its a big file at 76 megs, hope you have a high speed connection.

Give it time to download:
    http://adcxns1.whirlpool.com/Service...E/ENSEMBLE.pdf

The troubleshooting page is on 6-1.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Oh thank you sooooo much! I will let it download however long it takes!
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!
    ( If I have any success, I will post what was going on.. :-) )
    Hellann

Sounds good Hellann.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Ok, went to a computer with a faster connection and got the tech manual.
    The F DL was the DL. Tightened up the loose latch.
    The F 02 is to check the drain hose. Took it off and drained it, looks clear.
    The F 15 was for having too many error codes going and buttons pushed!

We left it unplugged for a couple of days...until I got the manual. Plugged it back in and no flashing F's, so far so good. Ran the Diagnostic Test. I did have to advance it past the heater part into the drain cycle. I don't know how long that part is supposed to take but I got impatient after about 3 minutes. It didn't completely drain, but it did finish through the rest of the test by itself.
    I then put it on the Drain/Spin cycle and let it go. It totally drained and spun and finished the cycle by itself. I have now put in a small load and put it on Normal mode with cold water.
    If it finishes, then I guess all is well. If it messes up again, I will run the Diagnostic Test and just let it go for how ever long it takes. I will be betting on the Drain pump /motor. If I do have more problems, I will update on here for anyone with problems like this in the future.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

PS. I did email Kitchenaid. They replied back within a few days with a nice personalized e-mail and some links to find a repair man. Plus since I had written that I would like online links also, they sent two links to online repair sites. ( I haven't checked them out yet). So, I guess I am satisfied with them for now.

Well, it stopped again with the SUD message... And I KNOW it didn't have too much soap, as I only put in a small drizzle, JIC. So, I might run it through a full cycle empty and with no soap, just to be sure there isn't some huge soap clog residue thing going on. (with an eleven and thirteen year old helping with laundry, you never know...)
    Then it started going again...ARG! F 02 - Long Drain error again. Rats!
    So, since we have checked the drain hose, next is to check the drain pump filter for foreign objects, then possibly replace the pump. Ok, we're getting somewhere anyway...

Hellann

Yes, definitely check your drain pump filter, I find alot of foreign objects in the filter screen area, that cause this SUD error and F02 error.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

WOOT! :-)

Yep, Jake, we cleaned out the drain pump (thank you again for the manual, I would have never found it otherwise..heheh).
    Inside we found a blue sock, a screwdriver attachment with bit and a pencil and a lot of gunk binding it all together in a disgusting clump. Cleaned the whole thing out and I am back in washing!!!! Thank you Lord! They can keep bathtub washing, I'll take my machine any old day! LOL.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! How does that stuff get in there, anyway?!

Hellann (who will be buying new laundry bags for my socks and small items tomorrow! And who will try to be more diligent in checking hubby's pockets. )
    Last edited by Hellann; November 21st, 2006 at 03:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast