Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: WhirlPool super capacity 465 oven not working. Repair Manual

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    8

    Default WhirlPool super capacity 465 oven not working. Repair Manual

    Hello, I have a Whirlpool super capacity 465 oven. This is a gas model with an electronic ignition, the cook top works fine but the oven all of a sudden will not work at all.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Jerry

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    McMullen Valley, Arizona
    Posts
    67,109

    Default

    Hi,

    Whats the model# of your range?

    I found a thread that is similar to your issue:
    http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/showthread.php?t=5371

    Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

    Look-Up & Order Parts

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Hi,

    Whats the model# of your range?

    I found a thread that is similar to your issue:
    http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/showthread.php?t=5371

    Jake
    Thank you very much for your response, my model number is SF310BEGW

    Jerry

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    McMullen Valley, Arizona
    Posts
    67,109

    Default

    Thanks,

    I would first check for 120 volts at your oven glow bar, you will need a volt meter. Here is a similar thread with a good photo of that connector, its the one that has a red circle around it: http://www.applianceblog.com/mainfor...ead.php?t=6105
    Just dis-connect it and put your volt meter probes in the 2 red wires side and turn on your oven, if 120 volts is present, then your oven glow bar is bad.

    Here is the repair manual for your model:
    http://adcxns1.whirlpool.com/Service...LE/4322089.pdf

    Here is the troubleshooting flow chart as well for these models:
    www.applianceblog.com/manuals/DSI_manual.pdf

    Here is your glow bar in case you need to order it:


    Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

    Look-Up & Order Parts

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Thanks,

    I would first check for 120 volts at your oven glow bar, you will need a volt meter. Here is a similar thread with a good photo of that connector, its the one that has a red circle around it: http://www.applianceblog.com/mainfor...ead.php?t=6105
    Just dis-connect it and put your volt meter probes in the 2 red wires side and turn on your oven, if 120 volts is present, then your oven glow bar is bad.

    Here is the repair manual for your model, it has a good troubleshooting flow chart:
    http://adcxns1.whirlpool.com/Service...LE/4322089.pdf

    Here is your glow bar in case you need to order it:


    Jake
    Hey Jake I did what you said and I am getting a reading of 118, so it appears as I will have to replace the glow bar. Also when I was testing this I made a dumb move on my part one of the volt meter probes slipped out of the oven connector without think I putting it back in and blew a fuse at the breaker box, after resetting the breaker (and cursing at my self) I checked again and now I am only getting a reading from one of the red wires so I think I might have fused the connector on the long red wire that connects the glow bar to the dial. Can I order both of these items from you or do you have a link I can access? Thanks.

    Jerry

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    McMullen Valley, Arizona
    Posts
    67,109

    Default

    I don't understand how it tripped the breaker? If a meter probe falls out and you put it back in it shouldn't trip the breaker, unless it touched your metal range chassis.

    Just order the glow bar, that should take care of it.

    Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

    Look-Up & Order Parts

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I don't understand how it tripped the breaker? If a meter probe falls out and you put it back in it shouldn't trip the breaker, unless it touched your metal range chassis.

    Just order the glow bar, that should take care of it.

    Jake
    Thanks for the help Jake, I'll give it a try.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    McMullen Valley, Arizona
    Posts
    67,109

    Default

    Ok, sounds good JS.

    Keep us posted.

    Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

    Look-Up & Order Parts

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Ok, sounds good JS.

    Keep us posted.

    Jake
    Hey Jake, the glow bar arrived today and I installed it, but the oven is still not working. Also when I switch the oven on I am not getting the gas hiss.
    Thanks for the help,
    Jerry

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JSPerdomo View Post
    Hey Jake, the glow bar arrived today and I installed it, but the oven is still not working. Also when I switch the oven on I am not getting the gas hiss.
    Thanks for the help,
    Jerry
    Jake the glow bar they sent me is the round one my stove has the square one will the round one work or no?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Whirlpool Super Capacity 465 Gas Oven failure
    By IanW in forum Whirlpool/Roper
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: December 16th, 2010, 12:16 PM
  2. Whirlpool SC 465 Oven Not Working
    By craig r in forum Whirlpool/Roper
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2007, 12:42 PM
  3. Whirlpool super capacity 465 gas oven not lighting
    By magna8385 in forum Whirlpool/Roper
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 6th, 2007, 05:36 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 29th, 2006, 11:41 AM
  5. Whirlpool Super Capacity 465 Gas Oven not working
    By whirlmamma in forum Whirlpool/Roper
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 9th, 2005, 07:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation, you can throw a buck or two in the Appliance Blog Tip Jar - Thank you!
Facebook Page: ApplianceBlog Twitter: ApplianceBlog Google+ YouTube: ApplianceBlog