Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: whirlpool quiet partner ii - no power

Unhappy whirlpool quiet partner ii - no power

My whirlpool quiet partner ii has an inch of water in it and doesn't seem to have any power coming to the control panel (no lights). It worked fine one day and then not the next. It sounds similar to Ed Abbey's problem. Is it a dead control panel or a thermal fuse? Other causes? The model number is DU943PWKS0.

Thanks for the help!
    Jon

Hi Jon,

Here is a help link that explains what to check on your dishwasher if it seems dead:
    http://www.applianceaid.com/kadish2.html

Here is the thermal fuse kit for your model you can order if you need it:

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default thermal fuse

Jake,

I finally got back to my broken d/w. It seems to be my thermal fuse. I checked the resistance of the fuse and got zero, so I'm guessing it's the broken culprit. I got a measurement on resistance on the door switch and there's 116V coming into the d/w. Is there something else I should be checking? Fuses don't usually go out just becuase....

What is the part number for my d/w's fuse & wires so I can order from you?

Thanks!

Yes, on these models, that fuse can just go out like that, thats why you need to order this fuse kit and its very important to replace the wiring that comes with it too.

Just click this photo here to order it:

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

I was diagnosing a problem with my Whirlpool Quiet Partner 3 and the "Sani-Rinse light flashing. After several attempts of trying to reset it and it running for 2 min then shutting down and blinking again it finally it seemed to have run a 1/2 wash until it became unresponsive, no lights, nothing. I reset the breaker and still nothing. I checked the thermal fuse and the door switch seems to have a solid connection but the other side is never giving me a solid reading on my meter. Is that normal? Now I don't know if I need a new control board, fuse or both? help....

e92miami

how did you go from a blinking sani light to a completely dead dishwasher? Did you short anything out while checking with your meter? Sounds odd that it should drop dead all of a sudden. It seems you now have 2 problems. The first problem is the blinking sani light , which ain't blinking no more because the whole dishwasher is dead now AND whatever the problem is now that caused the dishwasher to drop dead. Let's try to get the dishwasher running again first , then we will worry about the blinking light.
    1-make sure the circuit breaker is on.
    2-take of the bottom cover (kickplate) of the dishwasher and on the right side you will see a silver box(junction box) .Open it up and check for 120 Volts at the black and white wires. If you have 120VAC turn off the circuit breaker and gain access to the control board and check the thermal fuse (see Jakes picture above) with your multi-meter . It should have continuity (very low resistance reading). If resistance is infinite(open circuit) the fuse is bad.
    Try these steps and let us know what results you got

Quote Originally Posted by jackofalltrades View Post
    e92miami

how did you go from a blinking sani light to a completely dead dishwasher? Did you short anything out while checking with your meter? Sounds odd that it should drop dead all of a sudden. It seems you now have 2 problems. The first problem is the blinking sani light , which ain't blinking no more because the whole dishwasher is dead now AND whatever the problem is now that caused the dishwasher to drop dead. Let's try to get the dishwasher running again first , then we will worry about the blinking light.
    1-make sure the circuit breaker is on.
    2-take of the bottom cover (kickplate) of the dishwasher and on the right side you will see a silver box(junction box) .Open it up and check for 120 Volts at the black and white wires. If you have 120VAC turn off the circuit breaker and gain access to the control board and check the thermal fuse (see Jakes picture above) with your multi-meter . It should have continuity (very low resistance reading). If resistance is infinite(open circuit) the fuse is bad.
    Try these steps and let us know what results you got
    Okay, I tried some button reset methods that was posted on these forums but nothing worked. I never opened the unit at this point. I then just cut the circuit breaker and left it for a day when I got back to it and turned it back on it seemed to have fixed the (blinking sani-rinse) so I ran a wash. After about 30 minutes I came back to the unit and it was completely dead. I heard it go through some cycles. So before I posted I did check the thermal fuse at the top of the unit behind the keypad and attached to the control unit. It does have continuity but the meter is jumping around never allowing me to get a accurate reading, so I guess the fuse is good seeing how there is some type of continuity. I would guess this is the control panel, is there another thermal fuse at the bottom of the unit?.....what do you think?
    >>
    And thank you for your response.>>

2-take of the bottom cover (kickplate) of the dishwasher and on the right side you will see a silver box(junction box) .Open it up and check for 120 Volts at the black and white wires.
    You really need to check the junction box, you'd be surprised how many times I see a loose connection there after many years of a "working dishwasher" that just all of a sudden goes dead.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    You really need to check the junction box, you'd be surprised how many times I see a loose connection there after many years of a "working dishwasher" that just all of a sudden goes dead.

Jake

I'll do that tonight but if it was unplugged would I still be getting voltage in the control unit's "black wire with white strip" that is going to the thermal fuse?

Yes, because you have a neutral wire and hot wire in the junction box, so the hot wire could still be connected, but not the neutral wire. They are connected with wire nuts in the junction box.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast