Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whirlpool Duet WED9200SQ0 code F70

Default Whirlpool Duet WED9200SQ0 code F70

Model Number: WED9200SQ0
    Brand: Whirlpool

My brand new Duet is giving an F 70 error code after only a few hours of use. I can't find anything documentation describing what the code means. Does anyone know? Thanks!

Tip unit back nd remove the lower panel,, there is a tech sheet either n that panel or inside on lower right... will list all codes and what to check

I talked to Whirlpool this morning and they said that the F 70 error code indicates some kind of communication problem between the component electronics and the control electronics. They referred me to a repair tech in the area.

I called the repair tech and talked to him on the phone. He suggested that I disconnect power to the machine for about 30 minutes, reconnect it, and try again. I did that, and it seems to have solved the problem. I'll be doing more laundry this evening and hopefully it will continue to work! It certainly hasn't given me a good first impression.

Thanks for the reply.

I got the same error code today. This is the second time i have got it, is there any permanent solution or any particular reason for the error code ?

Thanks
    ~Parvinder

My problem returned so I called the store I bought it from and insisted on a return/exchange. They brought me a new machine which I've been happy with to date.

Unhappy lucky you

You are so lucky that you got the unit replaced. The support guys have come and tried to fix the issue for 2 times now but I am still struggling with the problem and they are not ready to replace this unit at all until they come to a conclusion that the problem cannot be fixed
    I was on the phone with their corporate supervisor and I am so god damn frustrated now, they are not ready to replace my dryer

Default same problem

Have any of you had further experiences with the F-70 error code? My machine stops, displays F-70, and about an hour later, the display goes blank and it will operate again. It must have an internal reset.

The dryer displayed the code from the first time it was plugged in and turned on. The delivery guys convinced me that it must be an electrical problem after testing one of the 220 plug's terminals, and getting no respose from the tester. We also checked it at the circuit box and found no current coming out of the circuit breaker. I later found out this was kind of a bogus test because the tester was a simple power tester not any kind of a meter. However, I have changed the circuit breaker twice (thinking it may be fried somehow), and replaced the 220 plug. Of course the dryer worked after having done this, but I am now convinced that all along it was merely the machine resetting itself that seemed to fix the problem.

Repairman is coming this morning to check it out, and see if he can determine if it is the machine or something else. I have been promised a new machne if this one is bad, rather than a repair. I have only owned the dryer for two weeks. Any help or further info is appreciated.

Thanks

Default Whirlpool Duet Gas Dryer Brand New

I have a one day old Duet HT gas dryer and I get the same F70 code after a half dozen cycles or so. It has happened 3 or 4 times now, and it seems the only way to get dryer to work is to un-plug it for at least 30 mins, then plug it back in and try it again. Whirlpool tech support told me there is an electrical problem with brains of unit, and they are delivering a new dryer tomorrow. This doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about their product. I just yanked my 2 year old GE Profile dryer, the one that communicates with the washer, that thing was a piece of junk too. So where do we turn? Build our own? Or hang a rope across 2 trees and hang the laundry. If you're getting F70 consistently, I would insist they replace the unit.

According to the repairman, my dryer had a faulty computer control. Because it is a new dryer, parts availability was slim with a long wait. Supplier agreed to replace for a new dryer. Also according to the repairman, Whirlpool Duet is still the best dryer of its kind. I mentioned Bosch also got a high rating from Consumer Reports, but he told me that around my small town, there is no one to repair them. It is working fine now, even drying better.

Looks like quite of few people are having this error code F 70 problem on the new ones.

Everyone who buys these new has a 1 yr. warranty on it, and Whirlpool will replace the control board free of charge.

Lots of people here are getting new dryers, and most appliance stores will exchange the dryer within 30 days for this problem if you request it.

Here's the control board for this model:
    Part#W10110641

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast