Thread: Door Leak on KUDS25SH

Default Door Leak on KUDS25SH

Our seven year old Kitchenaid dishwasher recently stopped working. Called an authorized servicer who indicated that we'd need to replace control panel. $345.00 later he left our house, and told us to run it once with vinegar. We noticed a small leak at the bottom right of the unit. After several cycles (maybe 5) this small leak became a gusher from the bottom right side of the door. Thinking he put something back wrong, we called them back out. Now they want to put in a new door seal and a spray arm bearing (another $135.00). He doesn't think that there's anything he could have done in the original repair to cause this leak. I am finding the coincidence that the door leak amazingly started immediately following repair hard to swallow. Any ideas as to what might cause this? I have no idea how to work on items such as this, but I'm really at a loss as to what to do (now that I've got over $400 with the service call into this unit).

Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

Yes, the tech. would of had to have done something to make it start leaking when it wasn't before. I would say call the repair company back and explain this to them, talk to the owner/manager, if you don't get results, file a complaint online at: www.bbb.org

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thank you for taking the time to reply. After several days I was ready to file a bbb complaint. The company sent another man out today, who determined that there were several loose screws under the spray arm. This was causing a jet of water to create waves in the tub. He repaired this problem without charge or other parts.

Thank you for helping to confirm my suspicions.

Ok, glad they took care of it for you.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts