Social Buttons

Thread: Jenn Air oven door not closing

Question Jenn Air oven door not closing

We have encountered a Jenn Air oven, model JMW9530CAS that the door will not close properly. The customer says she found a repair kit online for this problem, but I can not find one! Anyone know if this exists or do we just replace the hinges. This seems to be a common problem with these ovens. THANKS!!

Are you an appliance dealer/servicer? If so then contact the Jenn Air tech-line and they will give you the repair kit part#.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default Jenn Air Oven JJW 9530 Oven Door

I have purchased the Maytag extended service contract and have had to have service two times now due to the door not closing correctly. First time they adjusted hinges but that didn't work very long. Now it is so bad that the steam is causing water on my wood cabinets and also on the microwave above the wall oven and also dripping on my hard wood floors.

Service man called me to say that they will not be able to fix because Maytag says parts are no longer available and so claim is denied. I called Jenn Air and I am told if I buy service contract, Maytag Service is responsible for fixing my oven. I mean why do you buy a service contract.

Also in speaking to several people, some in the legal profession, I have learned that there is a consumer law that a company must have parts available for items that they sell for ten years. HMMMMMM, I bought this in November of 1999. Not ten years yet.

Anyone else have this issue.

I would like fixed before I have to seek payment for damages to wood cabinets, microwave that gets soaked, need another control panel for oven due to moisture or God forbid, water damage to my hard wood floors.

Anyone care to offer any help here.

I look forward to hearing from someone since I don't seem to get any phone calls back from the ajudication department..........................

Default Do Not Buy Jenn Air Appliances!!! Waste Of $$

DO NOT BUY JENN AIR OR MAYTAG APPLIANCES, THEY DON'T LAST!!!!!!!

Talked to Maytag dependability and service tech.
    May. Dep. says that tech says door liner is bent and not covered by warranty.

Spoke to tech and he says yes he told them that but that he said the door liner was bent due to a design flaw and not due to the customer.

They say not covered, so I tell tech to see how much door liner is to fix it and door liner is no longer available.

Talked to Jenn Air and they say I need to buy a new oven.

Jenn Air Sucks, don't waste your money.

Google Jenn Air oven door does not close properly, go to BobVila.com. Man there are more people with this same issue.

Sounds like they should have had a recall. Maybe if more people banded together and made this issue known, Jenn Air would do something about it.

DO NOT BUY JENN AIR APPLIANCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that, lets go higher up the food chain. Jenn-Air owned by Maytag, Since Whirlpool bought out Maytag, This thread is very helpful to get to the top of the corporation for assistance:
    http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/showthread.php?t=8056

Here is a member that had endless problems with Whirlpool and I let her know who to contact in the upper management, and she got good results:
    http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/showthread.php?t=7542

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default JennAir oven door problems

JennAir is notorious for oven door problems, and JennAir also is notorious for denying the problem exists. Regardless, after the authorized JennAir/Whirlpool repairman could not solve the problem of the doors on a wall oven not closing properly, even after replacing hinges, door gaskets, and light switches, I found the answer on the internet.

The problem is that the hinge brackets/receptacles wear out and require replacement when replacing the hinges themselves. This is a defect, because there is absolutely no justification for something as basic as a hinge bracket to wear out. Here's an article written by a repairman who does a good job explaining the problem and enabled me to figure out how to solve it: Jenn Air Hinge - Jenn Air Wall Oven Hinge Problems | Phoenix Appliance Repair.

The hinge brackets are cheap and easy to replace. I did it myself.

I bought the brackets from ApplianceParts.com for $7 each (two for each door). Here's a link: Partselect.com - Parts And All Brands of Appliance Parts. Replacing them took about 30 minutes.

Thanks for the good information.

They are $5.60 here plus shows the photo of it:
    Manufacturer's Number: 74008015

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts