Thread: Jenn Air jes8850bas range

Default Jenn Air jes8850bas range

Hi,

Wondered if there are a lot of problems with this particular range. I am looking at purchasing one, but I am leary of the Jenn Air quality. What problems are par for this range? Are they easy to fix? Are they expensive to fix? Are they cured once fixed? I have heard the glass cooktop breaks easily, is this true?

I have never owned a Jenn Air or maytag product. I am considering this as I have had problems with GE, Whirpool, Kitchenaid, so I thought I might try a different brand.

Thanks.

I own several Maytag appliances and they are very good.

This range is very good, no the glasstop doesn't break easily, very reliable.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Question Experience Reply:

Quote Originally Posted by nhicknell View Post
    Hi,

Wondered if there are a lot of problems with this particular range. I am looking at purchasing one, but I am leary of the Jenn Air quality. What problems are par for this range? Are they easy to fix? Are they expensive to fix? Are they cured once fixed? I have heard the glass cooktop breaks easily, is this true?

I have never owned a Jenn Air or maytag product. I am considering this as I have had problems with GE, Whirpool, Kitchenaid, so I thought I might try a different brand.

Thanks.
    We are a family of four, use the range average of two times daily. Average of two plates are used. We have had the electronic display changed once, under warrenty. We have also changed left front plate 3 times in 4 years. The glass top is sturdy though delicate.

Question Experience Reply

We are a family of four, use the range average of two times daily. Average of two plates are used per usage. We have had the electronic display changed once, under warrenty. We have also changed left front plate 3 times in 4 years. The glass top is sturdy though delicate.

Jenn-air is high quality.

Glass tops break, but 99% of the time caused by the customer, dropping stuff on them for example.

You'll need reliable FLAT bottomed pots and pans.
    Justin Shaffer
    In Home Appliance Service Technician

Bought my Jenn-Air 8850BCW slide in stove from Dufresne in 2006. We've have had 8 service calls in 4 years. Front dual switch on the left element keeps quitting. This last repair worked less than 2 weeks. Last one less than 90 days. Had both left and right front elements replaced. Now the front membrane control panel is acting up. I had to press the oven buttons about 4 times before they began to work. Bought extended warranty but in 1 more year we pay all repairs ourselves. Now the warranty company, Tutoris, will not replace all recommended parts by repair service, as Tutoris deemed parts not failing yet (meaning that they haven't totally quit, only act up). Called Maytag, but they won't take any responsibility. Have to take time off to wait for repair guy each time. This stove has been a nightmare!!! Don't know what to do now. Too expensive to throw away and buy a new stove.