** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!
ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.
Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.
From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php