• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Microwaves

Problems with your Microwave?

Sears Kenmore

Threads
228
Messages
1.1K
Threads
228
Messages
1.1K

Whirlpool/KitchenAid

Threads
382
Messages
2.3K
Threads
382
Messages
2.3K

GE/Hotpoint

Threads
420
Messages
2.4K
Threads
420
Messages
2.4K

Maytag/Jenn-Air/Magic Chef

Threads
112
Messages
591
Threads
112
Messages
591

Frigidaire/Electrolux

Threads
86
Messages
583
Threads
86
Messages
583

Samsung

Threads
71
Messages
424
Threads
71
Messages
424

Sharp

Threads
45
Messages
187
Threads
45
Messages
187

Panasonic

Threads
39
Messages
180
Threads
39
Messages
180
Top