• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Microwaves

Problems with your Microwave?

Sears Kenmore

Threads
211
Messages
963
Threads
211
Messages
963

Whirlpool/KitchenAid

Threads
318
Messages
1.8K
Threads
318
Messages
1.8K

GE/Hotpoint

Threads
364
Messages
2K
Threads
364
Messages
2K

Maytag/Jenn-Air/Magic Chef

Threads
105
Messages
533
Threads
105
Messages
533

Samsung

Threads
60
Messages
363
Threads
60
Messages
363

Sharp

Threads
39
Messages
148
Threads
39
Messages
148

Panasonic

Threads
32
Messages
141
Threads
32
Messages
141
Top