• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Microwaves

Problems with your Microwave?

Sears Kenmore

Threads
212
Messages
965
Threads
212
Messages
965

Whirlpool/KitchenAid

Threads
321
Messages
1.8K
Threads
321
Messages
1.8K

GE/Hotpoint

Threads
369
Messages
2K
Threads
369
Messages
2K

Maytag/Jenn-Air/Magic Chef

Threads
105
Messages
533
Threads
105
Messages
533

Frigidaire/Electrolux

Threads
72
Messages
493
Threads
72
Messages
493

Samsung

Threads
60
Messages
363
Threads
60
Messages
363

Sharp

Threads
39
Messages
148
Threads
39
Messages
148

Panasonic

Threads
33
Messages
153
Threads
33
Messages
153
Top