• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Microwaves

Problems with your Microwave?

Sears Kenmore

Threads
212
Messages
969
Threads
212
Messages
969

GE/Hotpoint

Threads
371
Messages
2K
Threads
371
Messages
2K

Maytag/Jenn-Air/Magic Chef

Threads
106
Messages
534
Threads
106
Messages
534

Frigidaire/Electrolux

Threads
74
Messages
502
Threads
74
Messages
502

Samsung

Threads
61
Messages
364
Threads
61
Messages
364

Sharp

Threads
39
Messages
148
Threads
39
Messages
148
Top