• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

10.1 cu. ft. Magic Chef refrigerator/freezer HMDR1000 - Not Cooling

CAMPO

Premium Member
Thank you for your help Robert,
I called mcapplience which is the manufacturer of the fridge and they have the cord Jake suggested but told me it won't fit. But I wonder why both Jake and Sears thought it will. May be I should buy it in Sears and just try, they do look similar.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I found it by going to mcappliance.com and go to parts then from the drop down box find your model number and it has all the parts there listed for it.

Jake

CAMPO

Premium Member
Thank you Jake, I'll call them again tomorrow and ask why they are giving contradicting information.

CAMPO

Premium Member
After I learned how you came up with that part # I went to mcapplience.com and checked it. I found out that you can search only separately by model number or the name or number of the part. If you enter the model number it gives you parts in alphabetical order and the power cord part # is 3050100117, it is on back order. if you enter model number and the part name together it gives you several power cords none of which are the right ones. I did call them today again and they confirmed that it happens because of the wrong way of searching

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, this is silly, they are very disorganized there, just go to any hardware store buy a power cord and splice it in with 2 wire nuts.

A power cord is a power cord they all serve one purpose. LOL

You will also need a wire stripper.

Jake