• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

106.51109110 Kenmore Refrigerator not cooling or freezing anymore

vegtrip

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello,

I have a Kenmore Cold Spot (model #106.51109110) refrigerator. it's not 10 years old. Over the weekend, I found out that it's not cooling or freezing anymore.
I can see/hear the fan running, but the compressor doesn't run. It makes a clicking noise every 5 minutes or so.

I removed the compressor relay and it rattles. But, per the you tube video below, there are good and bad rattles, but I am not able to differentiate them.
Check Timestamp 1:56

He also talks about opening up the compressor relay and checking the inside. Does anyone know how to pry open the relay ? I tried to pry it open, but it's
not working for me.

In the meantime, I have ordered a replacement part from Amazon.

Thanks,
Veg.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you CAN'T differentiate them from the rattle test, then you need to ohm test it like he mentioned in the video. You will need a multimeter to do that with.

Here's the compressor start device relay assembly for your model:
WPW10189190 Start Device Combination

We don't recommend buying appliance parts on amazon or ebay, lots of problems with those failing quickly after you install them, or not working at all.

We recommend getting OEM parts from AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic, all parts from them ALWAYS has a 365 day warranty.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake