106.51133210 Ice Maker Not Making Ice

guitar459

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Ice Maker not making ice, water dispenser works. Checked hose, no kinks. Pulled ice bin, no ice buildup. Ice auger works fine. Changed water filter 2 months ago. Couldn't locate a tech manual to run a diagnostic test.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Let's check for the easiest problem that it can be first, lots of members have found frayed and broken wires causing the ice maker to be dead. Remove the black wire harness loom too, broken wires can be underneath it.

Another member was having a similar problem here: FIXED: GSF26C4EXY02 Whirlpool Gold Ice Maker Problem

Look at his post #6 he found frayed and broken wires underneath the freezer door, I'd remove your kickplate and check for that first.

Here's another one with the same thing about the frayed and broken wires: FIXED: 106.51173310 Kenmore elite ice maker not working - no led light

Here's another: FIXED: Whirlpool WSF26C2EXF01 Door Icemaker Not Working

Here's the ice maker for your model:
WPW10251076 Icemaker

Let us know what you find.

Jake

guitar459

Premium Member
Thanks for information, If that's the part for my ice maker? Where is it located, I looked, couldn't find it. Is it located on the door above the ice bin?, if so, that part will not fit. I checked out the installation video, my ice maker is not located where the video states. Help!!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member