• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 106.51133210 Kenmore Coldspot refrigerator freezing vegetables

TexasRedHead

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Kenmore Coldspot 106.51133210 , serial number HR41517834, age unknown, probably five years, refrigerator side is far too cold. Veggies are freezing. Something resembling a thermostat located on bottom left side of refrigerator but doesn't move, cannot be moved.

Corrected model number

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Recheck your model number for me. It's missing a number. Maybe where the space is between the 3 and 2?

TexasRedHead

Premium Member
Thank you for your prompt reply!!! I'm a widow with no male to turn to. This has been going on for a year, and I can't reach a human at Sears or at Kenmore. I checked the number again very carefully It is 106.51133210.

I don't know how old it is, bought it second hand, but it's in excellent condition and great in every other way . . . just far too cold.

That little gadget on the left side at the bottom appears to be some sort of thermostat, but it wont budge from where it is. Please, please tell me you can help.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Since I can't look it up you'll need to take a few pictures so I can see what you're referring to.

Robert4

Premium Member
@rickgburton She was looking at the crisper bin "temperature control".

Here's what she told me, "There is a little control device inside the refrigerator at the bottom. It says temperature control at the bottom, and It says meat at one end and vegetables at the other. That apparently controls the temperature in the vegetable bin."

I showed here that the temperature settings on her model are located on the control panel (above the ice/water dispenser) and not inside the fridge. She had the fridge set to 37 degrees and the produce in the crisper was still freezing.

TexasRedHead

Premium Member
Thank you for answering my plea. I think the problem has been solved. Another smart fellow directed me to the thermostat which is not inside the refrigerator at all!!!!!!!! It's beside the water dispenser!!!!!! And it doesn't say thermostat at all!!!! With instruction I was able to raise the temperature to 38 degrees, and, if that's not enough, I now know how to raise a little farther if need be. The little gadget inside the refrigerator says meat at one end and vegetables at the other end and appears to be for the vegetable bin, so I have it at the end that says vegetables since I don't put meat there. I've had a long, hard day trying to find something that is placed in a location that I would never have anticipated. I've never seen the thermostat on the outside of a refrigerator in the 84 years I've been alive.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just so others KNOW that have this same model, this is covered in the owners manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/40tu70wk5eeezto/1302214L.pdf?dl=0

Page 14 is the Dispenser/User Interface where you set the temperature for both the refrigerator and freezer sections.
Page 15 talks about adjusting the controls.
Page 20 talks about adjusting the controls for the MEAT and VEGTABLES convertible drawer.

Thanks Robert.

I was thinking the same thing as Rick thinking she was seeing a refrigerator side thermistor that was possibly bad, making it to cold in the refrigerator section.

Jake