• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 106.51133210 Kenmore refrigerator/freezer not cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEK

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Refrigerator and freezer stopped cooling. I checked the coils on the back inside of the freezer, no frost at all, they were room temperature to the touch, The fan was running.

The compressor was not running or hot nor was the condenser fan. I checked for voltage on the red/white wire going to the compressor start relay and found none (actually it was more like 0.5 volts). I then went to the main control board and found no voltage coming out of the board (betweenP1-2 (white wire) and P1-4 (red wire)) but there was 120 volts going in to the board (between P1-1 (black) and P1-2 (white)).

So, does that sound like the problem is a faulty control board? Is there anything else I should check before I spend several hundred dollars on a replacement?

Regards,

Paul

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Paul,

I then went to the main control board and found no voltage coming out of the board (betweenP1-2 (white wire) and P1-4 (red wire))
Yes, you should have 120 volts between those 2 pins to the compressor.

Its the board that's bad:
whirlpool-cntrl-elec-w11088499-ap6284979_01_m.jpg

Jake

PEK

Premium Member
Great, thanks Jake, I ordered one. Is there anything I should know about replacing it? Any programming that needs to be done? Or is it replace it and plug the refrigerator back in? It seems pretty straightforward.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its plug N play.

Just make sure you unplug the refrigerator from the wall outlet first before replacing it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

PEK

Premium Member
Everyone seemed to be out of stock on this board, but I finally found one. I installed it, plugged in the refrigerator and it's been working ever since.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Paul, glad to hear the new main control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.