• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

106.51139214 Kenmore Refrigerator - water dispenser/ice maker not working

tuckshop25

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi,

Hoping somebody can help as our local repair shop can no longer service my Kenmore appliance now that our Sears went out of business - the soonest appointment I can get from Sears is a month away.

We just moved last week. Ever since we moved, the water dispenser and ice maker on our Kenmore side-by-side are not working. You can hear the motor kick on when the paddle is pressed, but nothing comes out. I ensured the water line is properly hooked up; I also removed the lines under the kick plate on the freezer side and water was running out of them. I tried a hair dryer on the water tank behind the crisper section of the fridge side with no success - maybe I wasn't patient enough and didn't heat it up enough? At this point I'm guessing it's either a wire that got broken during the move or a problem inside the freezer door, which I may not be qualified to take apart given my limited technical skill. Is there anything easy that I'm missing that I can try to get this running myself? Thanks in advance!

-Jeremy

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I just want to make sure we are on the same page. The ice maker and dispenser are not working?

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, press the dispenser lever and measure the voltage on the isolation valve and the yellow coil on the water valve. Meter should indicate 120 VAC

rickgburton

Staff member
Could be anything, control board, dispenser board, loose connection, broken wire.......

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
How fast is the water coming out where you disconnected it under the freezer door when you press the water dispenser lever? it should come blasting out full force, not a weak flow.

If it was working fine before you moved, then it must be your water supply line to the refrigerator is too weak.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's because its coming out of your water tank in the refrigerator section.

I'm talking about full force coming out, what about full force coming out when you press the water dispenser lever?

Jake