106.51163210 Kenmore Elite - SLOW water delivery and SLOW ice making

sixwillwin

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Elite 106.5116 model Side by Side
Problem occurred at same time. Water from door is less than half what it was/should be, sometimes barely dribbles and ice making is very slow, 10-12 cubes per day, sometimes none.
Changed filter, that did not fix. Same result with the filter out of frig. Checked water flow to back of frig and it is good.
What now? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I don't see a filter for that model. Where's it located? Maybe you better give me the rest of the model number.

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, The problem is most likely the water valve. To find where you're losing the water pressure you'll need to isolate the components by disconnecting the water line and holding it over a pail while you press the dispenser lever. Disconnect the water line "in" on the valve with two coils. That will check the water filter housing and water reservoir.

WPW10341320 Valve-Inlt

rickgburton

Staff member
The water supply line connects to to the isolation valve and the ice and water valve is usually mounted in front of it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You'd need to pull your refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the lower back access panel, then you will see it, usually on the right side, like Rick mentioned its where your water supply line connects to your refrigerator.

Jake

sixwillwin

Premium Member
ok thanks guys . Sidenote> after doing this for 2 months or so (with varying degrees of slow water), yesterday the icemaker filled and water flow is good.??? what the heck. Obviously an intermittent problem now. Is that an indication of that valve issue or maybe something else? I still need to get it corrected.

rickgburton

Staff member
You probably don't have a problem with the ice maker side of the valve, just the dispenser side. If the ice maker only makes "10 -12 cubes a day or sometimes none" that's a different problem. Low water pressure wouldn't keep the ice maker from working. It would still make ice, they would just be smaller cubes. If the problem is intermittent low pressure to both dispenser and ice maker I would suspect this valve: