• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

106.51173310 Kenmore elite coldspot.... Freezer and fridge side warm

CReese

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Kenmore elite coldspot... Fan is running but compressor is not.... Freezer and fridge side warm

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then yes, the compressor start relay is possibly the culprit.

Unplug your refrigerator and remove the compressor start relay from the side of the compressor.

Here's the compressor start device relay assembly for your model:
WPW10189190 Start Device Combination

I always use my multimeter to ohm test the compressor start relay.

Put your meter probes in the top 2 holes, and put your multimeter at the lowest ohms of resistance, it should read between 3-12 ohms. If you don't get a reading between 3-12 ohms, or you get no reading at all, then its bad.

If the compressor start relay tests good, that just leaves the compressor as the culprit.

Jake

DIY_Not703

Premium Member
Jake, you led me to my question: How much do you think are we talking about if the compressor needs replacing? Do you personally think it's something worthy to chase or it's cutting it close to just buying a new refrigerator? Personally, I don't like ditching things if it can be reasonably repaired to prolong its lifespan.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Compressor installs have risen dramatically in the last few years, so about $800 is ball park now for the new compressor and labor to install it.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.