106.51173310 Kenmore Side by side refrigerator making beeping noises

Max0411

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello

I have a Kenmore Elite refrigerator and about three days ago started beeping and when I go see what it is, one of the lights on the control panel blinks.
This morning it happened again and after the lights were off I opened the refrigerator and freezer just to see what was going on and:nightmare: the lights were off. Any input?☹☹☹

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Max,

The lights that are out now completely: Are you referring to the display lights on your freezer door dispenser? Or the inside lights of the freezer and refrigerator sections?

If the display lights are out on the dispenser then check for 14 Volts DC between P4-1 and P4-4 on your main control board, which is located in the very back of your refrigerator, on the back of the back cabinet after you pull it out from the wall.

Here's the main control board for your model:
Control Board W11088506
Control-Board-W11088506-02014653.jpg

Jake

Max0411

Premium Member
Hello

Both the display lights and the inside lights. What it does when it beeps, one of the display lights comes on then goes off, I open the fridge and/or freezer and the lights are off, then it beeps again like trying to turn on and the panel and inside lights turn on. It does it randomly through out the day. When the lights come on again you can hear like the motors/fan starts like if you just turned on the power.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Max,

It sounds like possibly the main control board is faulty.

Do you have a multimeter to test for DC volts?

If so, When the display lights are out on the dispenser, check for 14 Volts DC between P4-1 and P4-4 on your main control board, which is located in the very back of your refrigerator, on the back of the back cabinet after you pull it out from the wall.

If you don't have a multimeter and your not comfortable checking volts, then call Sears to come out: 1-800-4-MYHOME

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Max!

Jake

Max0411

Premium Member
Hello

Fridge stop Making noises, I really don't know what it was. If it starts again I will let you know.

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Max.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake