• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 106.56719500 Kenmore Coldspot Elite - Ice maker has stopped making ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelS7

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My ice maker has stopped making ice in my Kenmore Coldspot refrigerator. After reading some past posts of what could be wrong I have conducted these tests.

1) The infra-red sensor blinks 2 times and then there is a pause for 1 second where the light is not illuminated.

2) With the On / Off switch next to the infra-red sensor in the ON position, I closed the ice maker sensor paddle and the infra-red sensor gave me a steady red light.

Thus I believe the sensor is working normally.

3) I reached into the ice mold and assumed I felt ice. So I removed the ice maker from the refrigerator and found ice sitting in the mold. Currently I am waiting for it to thaw so I can discard the water.

4) The “fingers” (for lack of a better word) inside the mold are pointing DOWN or into the mold. Not UP or DIRECTLY at me.

Leading me to believe the Modular Ice Maker is my culprit.

5) Last but not least I made the effort to shoot warm water up the rubber hose to see if that had frozen over which I believe it has not. I really did it to check, just in case.

If I have conducted the diagnostics that I have read correctly, I WANT YOU TO CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG, I have deduced that the modular ice maker is my culprit. I am not sure what part will work for my refrigerator.

Please Help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
4) The “fingers” (for lack of a better word) inside the mold are pointing DOWN or into the mold. Not UP or DIRECTLY at me.
Yes, that indicates the ice module itself is bad.

I'd suggest just replacing the ice maker module, unless your original ice try mold is calciumated with a white coating on it, in that case its better to order the complete ice maker assembly.

Here's the ice maker module for your model:
8201515 Icemaker Motor Module

There is a "how to" video in the ice maker module part link.

Here's the complete ice maker assembly for your model:
2198597 Complete Icemaker Assembly (8 Cube)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, keep us posted.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Michael, glad to hear the new ice maker fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.