• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

106.57712701 Refrigerator and Freezer Warm

sunrae1007

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore Coldspot 106.57712701 that has recently stopped cooling completely on both the refrigerator and freezer side. The compressor and both fans appear to be working and stay on almost all the time. I replaced the capacitor and relay for the compressor hoping it was an easy fix. That has not resolved the issue. Both sides are not cooling at all.

Not sure if this is related, the front control panel for the water and ice stopped responding as well. It remained in pf (power failure) mode after we moved it and we cannot get it to respond. It simply beeps a bunch if you press any buttons. The panel will also randomly beep during the day, every 10-15 minutes or so.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Ok, if the compressor and fans are running non-stop and you have no coldness at all whatsoever then you have a sealed system problem.

The sealed system consists of the compressor, condenser, evaporator, heat exchanger, filter/drier and refrigerant. Common problems with a sealed system are bad compressors, refrigerant leaks, and system restrictions. Sealed system repair costs will often exceed the machines value.

Time to go refrigerator shopping, lots of appliance stores having having their annual Christmas blowout sale.

Jake

sunrae1007

Premium Member
Jake,
Would this issue happen suddenly? Everything was completely thawed on the freezer side just overnight.
After doing research I thought I could be the thermostat or electronic control board. Do you think it is either of those?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, because you should be getting at least some cold air and your not.

Jake