• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 106.58966700 No water running to ice maker unit

Dao Nguyen

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My Kenmore 106.58966700 stop making ice. When I checked inside, there is no ice/water in the maker, and there is no water dropping from the black tube above the ice maker unit. How can I check if there is ice frozen in the black tube and blocked water to run through? Thanks

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Blow through it?

How can I check if there is ice frozen in the black tube and blocked water to run through?
You might be able to blow into it from the other end where it connects to the water valve on the back if the fridge?

Dan O.

Dao Nguyen

Premium Member
photo of the black tube

20190312_111447.jpg

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Is there any other way to check it?
No to my knowledge.

You could make sure it wasn't frozen closed by totally defrosting the appliance by turning it off *with the doors open* for 12-24 hours. The longer the better as parts of that tube go through the cabinet and as such are insulated. Any short defrost period may not totally melt a blockage in that tubing where it goes through the cabinet so you'd never know for certain if there was still a blockage or not.

BTW. If it's not frozen closed the water valve on the back of the fridge is going to have to be accessed for the next step in the diagnostic process.

JMO

Dan O.

Dao Nguyen

Premium Member
Hello Dan!
It's me again! Last week I had time to turn off my fridge (with doors opened) in 16 hours, then after cleaning the fridge and turn on again ... IT WORKS!!!! So finally, the issue is from water which frozen & stuck inside the black tube!
Hope it helps for anyone with the same issue as mine!
Thanks Dan for your response!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Frozen icemaker fill tube thawed

I had time to turn off my fridge (with doors opened) in 16 hours, then after cleaning the fridge and turn on again ... IT WORKS!
:3: Great but keep an eye on it. If it occurs again, there may be a problem of low water pressure to the fridge causing the water valve to not close tightly and thus allowing small amounts of water to trickle into the fill tube when filling should have stopped. Those trickles can easily freeze in the tube, eventually building up to clog the i/m fill line.

Thanks for the followup.
icon14.png

Dan O.