FIXED 106.59082891 Lights are on but not working

ne1game

Premium Member
Model
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello, my fridge has stopped a couple of times the first time just seemed to leave water on floor, from ice cube maker we thought. Next time it stopped i went to ice maker found one of the pins in side wasn't connecting proper fixed that now ice maker works fine. noticed that when i grabbed ice maker unit i burnt my finger on what looks like a heating element.

It stopped working again, lots of water on floor, would not start up no matter what i tried. pulled back panel off cleaned a bunch, followed wires to behind panel in freezer still nothing funny. pulled panel off where cold knob is. when i tried to turn the little thing on frost timer it clicked like a wind up clock, as soon as i moved it the fridge started. Do i need a frost timer or was it just coincidence ?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

ne1game

Premium Member
Hello I replaced defrost timer, it still has trouble seems like heater doesn't know when to shut off. if i shut it off and then turn back on it goes again. seems like it does not know when to shut heater off. Thanks for the help.

jeff1

Staff member

ne1game

Premium Member
I have success! I replaced the thermostat and its still going this morning. Thanks for the help.

jeff1

Staff member
Glad to hear you are got somewhere with it :)
Thankx for the update!

jeff.