• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

106.60239903 Kenmore Coldspot not staying cold enough

torresdale

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello, I am having problems with a 2011 Kenmore Coldspot, model number 106.60239903. I have both the freezer and refrigerator turned up as high (low?) as they will go, in this case to 5, but the refrigerator temp has been swinging between 37-42 degrees. The freezer is usually around 5 degrees, but every couple of days it gets warmer and looks like it is starting to defrost, everything in the freezer gets damp.

Normally the motor/fan on the fridge runs almost continously since it is hot here, but when the freezer gets exceptionally warm there is no sound at all. If I unplug and plug the refrigerator back in, the motor/fan starts up again and cools down the refrigerator and freezer. Any idea on what could be causing this? Can it be repaired or do I need a new fridge?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Normally the motor/fan on the fridge runs almost continously since it is hot here, but when the freezer gets exceptionally warm there is no sound at all. If I unplug and plug the refrigerator back in, the motor/fan starts up again and cools down the refrigerator and freezer.

Kinda sounds like a wishy/washy temp thermostat.
Sorry to say the temp thermostat is coming back as NLA.

Temperature-Control-Thermostat-WPW10225856-01435212.jpg
LINK> Temp thermostat control

jeff sr.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Happy shopping time ;)

Your welcome.

jeff sr.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.