• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 106.89593100 Kenmore Elite Stand Alone Ice Maker comes on then turns off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Csalas3486

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I was out of power for approximately 4 hours. Now the Kenmore Elite Ice Maker comes on then turns off. I tested the outlet is fine I move to it to different outlet same comes on for few secs to minutes then turn off. Does It need a fuse, relay or new control panel. If anyone could please help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

There should be a tech. data sheet inside the console, have you looked for it?

Then when you find it, put it in diagnostics to see what error code you get.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, if you can't locate your tech. data sheet, I can ask our other tech bigbuck for it.

Jake

Csalas3486

Premium Member
Unfortunately know the control panel doesn't even come on so I can't place in diagnostic but I can hear the unit come on and drain activate.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oh boy, that's not a good sign.

Here's the parts diagram for your model:
You will want to first check your transformer, its #2 in the parts diagram to see if it tests good or not.

Here's the transformer for your model:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

Yes, keep us posted.

Jake

Csalas3486

Premium Member
Good morning guys. So I replaced the mother board and everything comes back on. Last night went to bed with it running hoping to have ice this morning. Unfortunately I woke to the unit still running through the motion with no ice. Unit does fill with water but no ice is produce. So now what?

Csalas3486

Premium Member
So its look like it's not the mother board I am sitting here and here come on they shuts off and restarts. That wood explains why there is no ice. I will change out the transformer number 2.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is the compressor and condenser fan motor running?

Jake

KLRMagnolia

Premium Member
Having same problem with Model 106.89599100 Kenmore ice maker. Have replaced control board and keypad but still on lights on keypad when plugged in. Some component does come on and run and bin lite blinks on then off when plugging in but keypad does not light up. Also just curious if the reed switch has any possible relation to this issue.

Have tried all combos of old and new control panels & keypads. Have checked all plugs when installing new components and two in the bin for good connection. Does not seem to be a followup comment after replacing Transformer # 2. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Csalas3486

Premium Member
Is the compressor and condenser fan motor running?

Jake
Good afternoon everyone just to keep you guys updated it took a while to get the part I need . I did replace the transformer #2 once it came. I have happy to inform you gentlemen that I have ICE. I want give a big shout out to Jake for all his help. I hope symptoms my ice maker displayed will help someone else. Thank you again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Csalas, glad to hear the new transformer fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

When the clean light is on that's when it needs to be cleaned, did you already put it through its clean cycle?

I'm attaching your owners manual below and you can read about that.

Jake

Attachments

KLRMagnolia

Premium Member
Glad the new transformer helped Csalas! I am the one who has replaced the control board and the keypad and still have no lights on the keypad when it is plugged in. Something - i suppose the compressor does run in the back. Would the transformer seem to be my problem? Again the keypad is dark and does not respond to on/off or any of the other two buttons. My model number is Model 106.89599100 and there are more details in my post above. Hope Jake or BigBuck can help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.