• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 106.89593100 Kenmore Stand Alone Ice Maker no power to transformer

Fun2drive

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello All:
Great forum hope I can get help.
I have the same stand alone ice maker and have used the pdf wiring diagram and trouble shooting guide to find out why my ice maker which has only been used about 3 times (2/16 manufacture date) just quit. I have checked everything I can check including the transformer. There is no power to the transformer but ohms out fine. I am going to back probe the power cord and see where it is not feeding power. I have used different outlets so not an electrical issue and checked with two different Fluke 87 meter to verify the reading I was getting were accurate. Suggestions please. Thanks

Fun2drive

Premium Member
Update. I started tracing wires from the plug to as far in as I could. Power was available as far up as I could reach checking with my non contact electric tool. Yesterday based on the background here I ohmed the transformer and it is good. But no power to anything. Today after moving things around and checking for power I now have power. Not sure why as nothing was loose. It is currently running fine. It did sit for 3 years and I never used it after a few weeks of use. Wish I had something to report to help others but that is what my result was.