• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 106.89599100 Kenmore stand alone Ice Maker will not fill with water

Jakep

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Late last night I was awakened to a terrible sound coming from the kitchen. When I get there its the recirculation pump in the ice maker. I turn the unit off and it stops. This morning I get up and turn it back on...watch and it never fills with water. then the pump comes on and tries to run. I have had several different issues with this Ice Maker, but this one is new to me....any ideas?

Jakep

Premium Member
Update:
I manually filled the water tray and turned the unit on...at some point it emptied the water tray so I re-filled it and left it running.....we will see what happens

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check to see if you have 120 volts at the water inlet valve electrical connector, when it should be filling.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
W10881366 Valve

Also, do what I mentioned in this post:
Run the diagnostics mode on page 53:

Jake

Jakep

Premium Member
OK, ran the diagnostic test and everything passes, but when it gets to the water valve there is 120v at the connector but no water is coming out....I assume the valve is bad.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
when it gets to the water valve there is 120v at the connector but no water is coming out....I assume the valve is bad.
Yes, bad water inlet valve, the new water inlet valve should fix it.

Let us know.:)

Jake

Jakep

Premium Member
well, changed the valve and it now fills with water but doesn't stop when full, it runs until it times out and the recirc pump doesn't start....but all these pumps tested good before I changed the valve.....oh well

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, glad to hear the new water inlet valve fixed that no fill problem.

Now you have another problem, Check for corroded wire connections at the water level sensor.

Here's the water level sensor for this model:
WPW10485962

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good.

Jake

Jakep

Premium Member
OK Update....unplugged and cleaned all the connections. Now it makes ice. The water valve is still running much longer than it should, but I suspect if I change the water level sensor that will fix this problem. I'm going to let it run as-is for a few days to make sure I'm willing to throw more money at this thing.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Update....unplugged and cleaned all the connections. Now it makes ice. The water valve is still running much longer than it should, but I suspect if I change the water level sensor that will fix this problem.
Ok Jake, good find.(y)

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.