FIXED 110.20172001 Center shaft Seal replacement

theripster

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Well here I am again. Still working on the same Kenmore commercial washer I have been working so long on. Hopefully this will be the last problem I am needing help with. So I am now trying to get everything cleaned up before installing all the new parts and I realize that the seal at the very top of the center shaft is partially gone and so the seal itself needs to be replaced. I have the old seal out and the shaft cleaned up and a new seal to install. So now here is the problem. I would have assumed the new seal would be pliable enough that it could be squeezed together to install and then just let it pop back into shape and it would be in place. Well the seal is hard as a rock and not the least bit pliable. I cannot get it installed because I cannot get the seal under the top lip that holds the seal in place. The seal part number I have is WP8577376. Do I perhaps have the wrong seal?

I started a new thread for this because since the old thread is marked as fixed I'm afraid nobody will be paying any attention to it.

And of course, as always I am grateful for your assistance.

theripster

Premium Member
Thanks Rick. I'm not sure why the Sears website gave me the wrong part nr, but grateful for you giving me the right one. You guys rock for sure.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Always glad we could help! Be sure to put a good amount of grease on the bearings inside the spin tube.

theripster

Premium Member
Here I am again falling down on keeping folks updated. It is up and running like it should be. As always, I am grateful for all the assistance I get on here.