FIXED 110.20172001 How to get the basket drive block to separate from the inner tub

theripster

Premium Member
Model
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I need some advice on how to get the basket drive block to separate from the inner tub. I have removed the transmission, but cannot get the drive block to separate from the basket drive, or the inner tub. I have put WD-40 on it and also CLR, Calcium Lime Rust remover and have still not been able to break it loose. As always, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

theripster

Premium Member
I guess the name of the game is just perseverance. Re-applying, scraping along the edges, more hammering and repeating. It finally gave it up, and I now have it all apart. Woo hoo, I'm so excited. Now comes all the cleaning and then re-installing all new components.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

theripster

Premium Member
This is a commercial washer and has just been used till it wouldn't work right. It's getting a new transmission, new basket drive assy, new clutch, all new seals and a new drive block too. Lucky for me I'm doing it at the house so it doesn't matter how much time it takes me. Well, with in reason of course.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good.:)

Jake