• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.21102010 Kenmore Washer ACTUATOR repetitive repairs

RAR

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Replaced the actuator 3 times. Works for a couple of months, then goes out again. Worked on the same model starting a couple of years ago, same problem, same repair, same results. Need help. What is going on?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I've replace about 7 shift actuators every year for my local customers and never have had to replace one twice.

Where are you buying them from?

Here's the OEM shift actuator for your model you can order here:
Shift Actuator WPW10006355

Jake

RAR

Premium Member
Jake, Thank you for the response. All the actuators have been OEM. Other models that have taken the WPW10006355 have not had any call backs. It has been just the two Kenmore Whirlpools, same models. We are in a rural area and it is likely the machines were purchased from the same store.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, Got it!

I'm puzzled then why those 2 machines keep wearing them out so fast. I live in a town of 1,500 people, but I service the whole county of La Paz County, Arizona which is 21,000 people.

Only one store sells appliances in my county and that's Sears Hometown in Parker, Arizona and I haven't had to replace any twice from that store, knock on wood. LOL

My closest appliance parts store is 80 miles west of me, so I order all my parts from AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic and all have worked great with no call backs.

Jake

RAR

Premium Member
Both machines have the actuator fail. We are going to replace the splutch and see what happens.