FIXED 110.22702100 Cleaning water pressure bell on bottom of outer tub

theripster

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I received a washer from a customer when he bought one of mine. The way he explained the problem is that it would never stop filling and eventually would overflow. So he replaced the water level switch assy with a new one and still had the problem. When I got the washer home and opened it up I see a lot of black crud in the bell assy and also a little coming up the vacuum line. When I attached a new vacuum line to the switch assy and blew into it to simulate pressure the valve worked properly.

So my question is this. How can I clean the crud out of the bell? I have no desire to replace the whole outer tub.

As always, thanks in advance for the assistance. You folks always straighten me out when I'm stuck.

theripster

Premium Member
Well that's basically what I've been trying to do. Obviously there is no good solution. I'm going to put some water in the tub tomorrow and see what it does. I'll let you know.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes keep us posted.:)

Jake

theripster

Premium Member
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. It seemed to have worked because everything is working like it should again. As always, thanks for the assistance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake