FIXED 110.22722 filled with water and then would not spin or drain

Jaybob

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hey Jake,
I have a kenmore 70 series model 110.22722 that filled with water and then would not spin or drain. It makes a humming noise and then clicks and stops making noise. Having read your previous posts, I have checked the water pump, the motor coupler, the capacitor, and the clutch and all seem to be in working order. Not sure what to do next. Please help. Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Just to be clear, it fills with water then it won't agitate? Or it does agitate, but won't drain or spin?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Got it!

Your missing some digits from your model number, please read it from the model number tag on the machine, its underneath the lid on top panel of your washer where you put the clothes in.

It should be one of these below:

Did you look inside the drain pump to see if something like a sock got stuck/jammed in it?

Jake

guanacux

Hi Jake.

I registered just to thank you. I spent the last 3 days browsing youtube and sites about why my whirlpool would not spin/agitate and also was stuck in Rinse. I checked the motor coupler, clutch, lid switch and "dog ears" and I was getting ready to bypass the lid switch to test the motor on the floor as you recommended in earlier posts (from years ago) when I read that the drain pump might have something stuck on it, I checked by disconnecting both hoses from the pump and sure enough: a sock from my toddler was stuck in there!. I haven't even tested the washer because is 2AM in the morning and I don't want to wake up my kid but tomorrow I will. I'm sure everything will be working. Thanks a lot!

WhatsApp Image 2017-10-19 at 1.06.23 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-10-19 at 1.11.34 AM.jpeg

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yup, good find!

Seen that many many times on my service calls through the years.:)

Jake