• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 110.23812100 Kenmore Series 80 Washer - Rinse Cycle water does not pump out until after the spin portion of the cycle starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

THouston

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
So my trusty Kenmore series 80 washer is having an issue during the rinse cycle. When I go to any of the rinse cycles and initiate the washer fills fine and then agitates as expected.

After agitation is where the problem seems to be. The washer doesn’t start to pump any of the water out until after the spin portion of the cycle starts? From what I’ve been reading I think it probably needs a new timer but am looking for confirmation and / or correction before ordering an expensive part. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The transmission is a neutral spin. After the wash cycle completes, the machine starts the drain cycle almost immediately. After approximately two minutes the timer will pause the motor operation causing the clutch to engage the spin tube and release the brake and continues into the spin cycle.
whirlpool-timer-wp661649-ap6010254_01_l.jpg

THouston

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply! So if I replace the timer should my problem be resolved from what I was able to explain is happening?

THouston

Premium Member
Ok so from the beginning…. I started the machine on the wash cycle, ultra clean short for what it’s worth, and as soon as the water is done filling the tub it immediately begins agitation. After the wash cycle / agitation stops the machine just sits idle and nothing happens for several minutes….I should note that it makes a quick sound like it wants to do something but it fails to do so.

Eventually there are a few mechanical sounds from the machine and the tub starts spinning and the machine pumps water out and continues to spin…. After several minutes of spinning the dial reaches the “rinse” indicator for the cycle. It fills with water again and then agitates for several minutes.

Now again once the agitation stops it “sounds” like it wants to do something but nothing actually happens. A few minutes pass by and then several mechanical sounds occur and it starts spinning and pumping out water and ends the full cycle…. Sorry for the long response but I wanted to be thorough as I sincerely appreciate the help here. Please let me know what you think the problem(s) is.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.