• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.25132410 Kenmore washer won't spin out on heavy load.

trmpt4him

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore series 500 110.25132410 type 589-01 top load washer. I have replaced the pump, gear box, agitator plate and clip. The washer works great on regular loads but on heavy or bulky loads it runs but will not spin out. Load is evenly balanced and around the edges. I can't find any reason for this problem. Any suggestions please.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What does it do instead when it does not spin out on heavy or bulky loads? Any lights flashing?

I'm attaching your tech data sheet below. Get into the ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES and see what fault code you get.

On Page 2 of your tech. data sheet do: ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

Then do FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE on Page 3

Then you can see what fault code/codes you are getting on Page 6 and Page 7: FAULT/ERROR CODES

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10677676 - Rev B.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 104

trmpt4him

Premium Member
No error codes. I did buy a new washer agitator plate which it needed but still not finishing cycle and making a squeaking noise now. Ialso put a new gearbox on it. Ughhh also I read somewhere about a similar issue like mine and a siphon problem.Squeaking sound (YouTube video)

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I need to see a video of when it should be spinning and it doesn't.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, Look on Page 10 in the tech data sheet where it says WONT SPIN. Do all those TESTS it says to do.

I'd first check the wire harness connections between the main control board in the console and drive system(motor, shift actuator).

Other than that, I don't know what else to suggest, this is a very odd issue I have not run across as of yet on my local service calls. Your last resort would be to have Sears come out and see what's going on, you can contact them at 1-800-469-4663. The Sears tech. has a special tech HOTLINE phone number to the factory he/she can call to find out the cause of this.

Jake