• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.25132411 Kenmore Series 500 Not Finishing Calibration

RyWiRyan

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Good morning folks. Hope everyone is well. I find the internet is absolutely great at crowd sourcing and finding solutions to things so here I am with a small problem I'm hoping to get some help with as to avoid the $109 fee for a tech to come out.

So I have a Kenmore Series 500 110 washer and had to replace the drive hub assembly that is under the impeller/ wash plate. The spin cycle was really loud and it turns out that all the plastic gear ridges on the drive hub were completely gone. That solved the problem. However, my 'new problem' is odd.... for lack of a better phrase. I read where 'if you replace anything, run the calibration'... so I did, and it seems that it doesn't 'complete' the calibration. Does the steps for maybe 30 seconds total then just stops and lid unlocks (the video i saw of this process seemed like it took maybe 2 minutes instead).

So I tried the process of getting it out of store mode where 'wash, rinse, and complete' were highlighted and while that did something, the 3 lights never went off like the person writing the guide said it would. Not sure if that is relevant, but I did try that.

I unplugged and plugged several times and retried the calibration to no avail. So, i tried to do a wash, and it seems that after 'sensing' and adding water, it stops short of starting the wash, the lid unlocks, and i can't go further. I hit start again, water comes out for a second, then it stops the machine again. I did turn it to drain and spin and that did seem to work but that was the only function that did work. Like i said, a 'normal load' just stops now after it puts water in.

So after all that rambling, the washer works/worked fine aside from the drive hub being stripped and now it doesn't. Drive hub is fixed, doesn't freely spin like a turn table anymore. I've put it back together and now am just stuck. It seems to me like a 'calibration' issue or perhaps even a bad Lid Lock, although it does lock when the red light comes on indicating the lid is locked.

I am at a total loss. Am willing to replace the lid lock easily if one thinks that will fix the issue. Otherwise, it's over my head....

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me address this issue before calling someone out to assess....

Ryan

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
(y)

Lets hope the right person now reads your posting and can help!

jeff sr.