• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 110.25132411 Kenmore Washer Noise after Trans Replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotRodSue

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Kenmore Series 500 HE Washer Model 110.25132411 making grinding noise.

First replaced Washer Drive Pulley W10721967. This did not resolve.

Then replaced Part# W11035751 Gearcase Transmission and Part# W10752285 Tub and Basket Washplate. There was obvious wear on teeth of both transmission and washplate. We recalibrated the machine.

Now making rubbing squeaking noise during cleaning cycle. We removed the newly replaced Washer Drive Pulley W10721967 and it is showing obvious wear. What could cause this?

Attached are the 2 pieces of the Washer Drive Pulley assembly that are worn. We believe this is where the noise is coming from. The wear is not the entire circumference of these pieces. Wear is only in the one section of these pieces we are pointing to in pictures.

Note: Noise appears to be on agitation movement. No noise otherwise, including spin cycle.

We checked for anything that may be stuck below wash plate, or between the inner and outer tubs. The wash plate and inner tub was removed this morning, cleaned and reinstalled.

Tub moves free when turning by hand both directions. Also, nothing making noise, nor any resistance. So, we believe the new transmission is working.

We obviously need another drive pulley, but need to determine cause of wear to prevent damage again.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20201107 111030.mp3
    552.7 KB · Views: 0

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its the splutch cam kit, where did you buy it at? It's obviously defective.

Here's the OEM sputch cam kit for your model:
W10721967 Splutch Cam Kit

There is another video here with the same noise and you can see the new splutch cam kit fixed it:

Jake

HotRodSue

Premium Member
Jake,

Thank you for your response and the link to the other video, as well as link to OEM splutch cam kit.

We ordered from Amazon - W10721967 Washer Pulley Clutch Kit $14.50.

Will order the OEM kit now. Grateful to know this will fix it. Glad I didn't order another one from Amazon.

The new transmission and wash plate were quite an investment. Washer less than 5 years old, the cost to fix beats the cost of a new one.

It's wonderful to get input from experienced appliance repair person like you. Will update again after we receive and install part. Brand new to this thread, and so appreciate your help.

Edit: I did just go to order and it is out of stock at Appliance Parts Pros. Will look for alternative source for OEM part, and welcome you to share an other sources you know of.​

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It's in-stock here:
All parts from RepairClinic are OEM ONLY.:)

Yes, order it from RepairClinic and you should be good to go. Many folks have not had good luck ordering parts from amazon.

Jake

HotRodSue

Premium Member
Jake,

I did order Saturday from Sears Parts Direct. It appears to be OEM. :) Doesn't look like it's shipped yet.

Wanted to get it on the way, estimated delivery Thursday. (Waited 10 days on part from amazon; lesson learned).

Will update here once we receive and install part.

Many thanks for you help.

Sue

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sue--->Cancel your order at Sears, and order it from my link to it above in post #4 at RepairClinic and it will ship today guaranteed.

Jake

HotRodSue

Premium Member
Jake--->I did just spend a bit of time on hold to cancel my order total with shipping $42.90. I clicked your link that says $37.71 and then it immediately changes to $44.01 plus $8.99 shipping, total of $53.00.

Please forgive me, as I sure appreciate your help. Are you saying that the Sears order is not OEM? Or just that RepairClinic ships today guaranteed?

HotRodSue

Premium Member
Jake, I just spoke to Tyler at RepairClinic and he gave me a discount and free shipping. What a tremendous blessing. It is shipping today.

I will post back here once we receive part and install. Many thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Sue, glad to hear that.:)

Sears is OEM, but their shipping is brutal, trust me I used to work at Sears.:)

Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005

Jake

HotRodSue

Premium Member
Your kindness is much appreciated.

Would you believe Sears shipped last night after cancellation? Saying estimated delivery date of Thursday the 12th, not sure how accurate that is. It is UPS Sure Post which gets turned over to USPS to be delivered regular mail. I wonder if I should refuse this order.

Do not have tracking for order I placed with RepairClinic. It was nice to speak to a person that was so kind in helping me get this order yesterday.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I used the word brutal as in shipping damage.:)

RepairClinic emailed you the order number, go here:
Then you can track it.

Jake

HotRodSue

Premium Member
Thank you, Jake. Ok, brutal as in shipping damage. :)

I did take a look at RepairClinic and there isn't shipping tracking info just yet. It says "Ordered November 9, 2020". Perhaps their system hasn't updated yet. Will check again tomorrow.

HotRodSue

Premium Member
The OEM W10721967 Washer Pulley Clutch arrived Thursday, installed Friday, and Saturday laundry has been going all day! All working well...and much quieter.

Many thanks to Jake and everyone here at ApplianceBlog, we are so grateful for the help. :)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Sue, glad to hear the OEM W10721967 I posted the like to in post #4 at RepairClinic fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.