• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED 110.26912691 Kenmore Agitates at Only One Speed; Won't spin

MtnFlyer

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Washer fills, agitates, drains okay, but won't spin. Agitator agitates at only one speed regardless of agitator speed switch position. Motor hum seems to be getting loud, but maybe that's just because I have the cabinet off.

Probably related: I just replaced the coupler between the motor and the transmission, as my wife told me sometimes the spin speed was very sluggish. When I took things apart, the coupler on the transmission side was secure, but the coupler on the motor side was slipping and had about 20-30 degrees of rotational free-play---so I thought I had found the problem. Instead, it seems I created one!

Jim

MtnFlyer

Premium Member
Well, it was self-inflicted. The coupling had come apart. It's working again. If there's a moderator online, maybe you could delete this thread for me. I don't think it will be useful to others.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Jim for letting us know, GLAD to hear you found it had come apart and fixed it.(y)

It might help others, we all make mistakes, and we all learn for our mistakes, I've made plenty myself. LOL

Here's the motor coupling for your model, in case others need it too:
285753A Motor Coupling

MtnFlyer

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. It turns out I didn't have the new coupler seated all the way on the motor shaft. There was significant corrosion product on the spindle, and I had to take a file to it after removing the old coupler in order to get the new part to fit and seat properly. So far, that did the trick.

Thanks for a great forum. I'm sure I will need it again!

--Jim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Jim, it happens, no worries, I've done that before too.

Thanks for a great forum. I'm sure I will need it again!
Thanks Jim.(y)

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.