• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

110.26912691 Kenmore Washer - Replacement for Rear Panel Support?

torotoro

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Has anyone come up with something to replace Whirlpool Part #63290? It is helpful because it keeps the rear panel from flopping down on the floor when the cabinet is removed as well as preventing the panel from being too far away when replacing the cabinet. It will snap right off if the rear panel isn’t supported when laying the machine on its back. I bought a new one recently and snapped it during my last project. Not that easy to find. Picture of the newly busted one attached.

image.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here it is:
Rear panel support: P/N WP8519200

The support is so when you remove the cabinet assy. in one piece, the back panel will hold up to the back of the tub support assy. and not flop back. It will also align the back to cabinet areas.

Its not a critical part, but helps with the cabinet support.

Jake

torotoro

Premium Member
I should have said it’s expensive for what it is. Shipping is usually more than the item itself. I was hoping someone had devised a home made substitution or found a way to make it functional when the tab on the panel side snaps off.

theripster

Premium Member
I use a long zip-tie to give added support. There are several holes in the back plate and I put the zip-tie thru one hole run it behind the drum support bar and thru another hole below it. Then I adjust the zip tie tight enough to support it in case the stock support breaks. Works very well. I have a whole bag of them that I bought at either Home Depot or Lowes.